v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Drunken Brotherhood's Set

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Grim Reaper
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Drunken Brotherhood's Set

Post by Grim Reaper »

Late or end-game set for characters who specialize in unarmed and dual wield combat

Drunken Brotherhood's Set:
Story: It is said that long time ago there used to be a group of monks npbody dared to challenge. It is said that they were best fighters in the region. However, one day monsters came out of nowhere and overrun everrything within the region including their temple. Natural selection was proven once again. Few of them deserted from the battle and run. They took all of their iconic jars and alchocol they could take from the temple and kep running until there was no persuders left looking for them. Supposedly they were running until they found themselves in the woods somewhere north of Fallhaven. Devastated by what happened to their fellow brotherhood, their cowardly attitude and their guilt they did not see other way out but in drinking their sorrows until their time was over.
Apparently their remains and their gear were sold by laters generations that came to live there to buy more alchocol. Noone knows where they are nowdays.
P.S. Alchohol trader was jumped on the road and everything he had was taken by certain monsters, farming them you can get desired set.

Drunken Brotherhood's Fist
Set
Category: Unarmed (dual wield with Drunken Brotherhood's Unbreakable Bottle's Claw)

When equipped
‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‎Attack Cost: 8 AP
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Attack Chance: -10
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Attack Damage: 5
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Damage Modifier: 200%
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Critical Strike: -20
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Block Chance: 10
When landing a critical hit on target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Drunken Enervation (1 round) [Enemy will lose amount of AP enemy needs to perform an attack multiplied by smallest natural ‎number that would make enemies AP at least halved (ENEMY: 10 AP, Attack cost 3 -> AP-6 -> ENEMY: 4 AP]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On source
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Drunken Fatigue (2 round) [Same as Minor Fatigue]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎33% chance of Drunken Rage (1 round) [Inceases Attack damage by 10, unstackable]

Drunken Brotherhood's Unbreakable Bottle's Claw [picture of bottle shards forming a claw]
Set
Category: Unarmed (dual wield with Drunken Brotherhood's Fist)

When equipped
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Attack Chance: 10
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Damage Modifier: 75%
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Block Chance: -10
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Increases critical skill by 50
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Enabled critical hits with a multiplier of x2.0
When landing a non-critical hit on target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Drunken Fatigue (2 round) [Same as Minor Fatigue]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Drunken Regeneration (1 round) [Heals 5 HP per round]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎50% chance of Drunken Regeneration (1 round) [Heals 5 HP per round]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ 25% chance of Drunken Regeneration (1 round) [Heals 5 HP per round]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ 10% chance of Drunken Regeneration (1 round) [Heals 5 HP per round]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On source
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Drunked Luck (2 round) [Inceases critical skill by 50, stackable?]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎33% chance of Drunken Rage (1 round) [Inceases Attack damage by 10, unstackable]

Drunken Brotherhood's Endless Jar [picture of huge jar]
Set
Category: Unarmored

When equipped
‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‎‎Attack Chance: -10
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Max HP: 10
When hit by attacker
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Drunken's Sight(1 round) [Lowers attack chance by 25]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Drunken's Agillity(1 round) [Lowers block chance by 25]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On source
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Drunken Dance (2 round) [Increase block chance by 25]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Drunken Regeneration (1 round) [Heals 5 HP per round]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎50% chance of Drunken Regeneration (1 round) [Heals 5 HP per round]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ 25% chance of Drunken Regeneration (1 round) [Heals 5 HP per round]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ 10% chance of Drunken Regeneration (1 round) [Heals 5 HP per round]]

Drunken Brotherhood's Mini Jar [picture of small jar hanging on the chain]
Set
Category: Necklace

When equipped
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Attack/Move cost: -2 AP
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Drunken Fatigue [Same as Minor Fatigue]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Drunken Regeneration [Heals 5 HP per round]]

Drunken Brotherhood's Ring [picture of small jars cut into the rings "stone"]
Set
Category: Ring

When equipped
‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‎‎Attack Chance: 10
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Attack Damage: 5
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Max HP: 5
On every hit
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Restores 1-2 HP
On every kill
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Restores 2 HP

Drunken Brotherhood's Set Bonuses:
4: Critical Strike: 20, Adds x0.5 on Critical Multiplier, Drunken Rage [Inceases Attack damage by 10, unstackable}
6: Critical Strike: 30, Adds x1 on Critical Multiplier, Immune to Drunken Fatigue [Same as Minor Fatigue] [Perhaps immune to Fatigue overall]
Last edited by Grim Reaper on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 12 times in total.
  • [RoL] Rapier of lifesteal (X2)
  • [RoLS] Ring of lesser Shadow
  • [RoFLS] Ring of far lesser Shadow
  • [HoF] Helm of Foreseeing
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • [BoG] Boots of the Globetrotter
  • Troublemaker's gloves
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: Drunken Brotherhood's Set

Post by Gonk »

For a set it would be good to have a background story. Do have ideas for that and would you like to model the items using ATCS? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4806

Chances will be higher that it gets integrated when there is a good story and when you help generating the content using ATCS. I could assist you in making it work.

Take care to not make it OP. Also try to use the existing engine features so we don't have to change the code. Both Enervation and Attenuation should be possible to some extend.
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

Tanks for the feedback, i will definetly think of something story wise. I will be suggesting few more sets. they should NOT be mandatory for completing the game... majority of them (at least those which i have in mind) should be something extra to farm at endgame or close to endgame. I tried balancing stats accordingly, i hope i managed that well, but i do feel there should be more regen for mobs when attack is not critical.. maybe double of what i suggested... This set is supposed to eiher do damage by critting or do almost no damage at all even if its lands a successfull attack. I am well aware of the fact it would require additional coding to make all those effects work, but i do think every set/legendary item needs to justify its quallity type :P

Considering ATCS, i have never worked in it. I will give you a constructive feedback in few days, once i get out of this mess that i currently am in in real life.
Last edited by Grim Reaper on Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

Gonk wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:22 pm For a set it would be good to have a background story.
Story added, i will work on other 2 sets stories later today.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

DEBUFF VERSION:

Drunken Brotherhood's Fist
Set
Category: Unarmed (dual wield with Drunken Brotherhood's Unbreakable Bottle's Claw)

When equipped
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Attack Chance: 20
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Damage Modifier: 200%
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Critical Strike: -20
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Drunken State [Fatigue effects are doubled, -60 Attack Chance, Unstackable]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Living Drunk [Fatigue effects are reduced by 40%, Stackable]
When landing a critical hit on target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Drunken Enervation (1 round) [Enemy will lose amount of AP enemy needs to perform an attack multiplied by smallest natural ‎number that would make enemies AP at least halved (ENEMY: 10 AP, Attack cost 3 -> AP-6 -> ENEMY: 4 AP]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On source

Drunken Brotherhood's Unbreakable Bottle's Claw [picture of bottle shards forming a claw]
Set
Category: Unarmed (dual wield with Drunken Brotherhood's Fist)

When equipped
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Attack Chance: 40
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Damage Modifier: 75%
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Increases critical skill by 80
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Enabled critical hits with a multiplier of x3.5
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Drunken State [Fatigue effects are doubled, -60 Attack Chance, Unstackable]
When landing a non-critical hit on target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On source
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Drunked Luck (2 round) [Inceases critical skill by 50, stackable?]]

Drunken Brotherhood's Endless Jar [picture of huge jar]
Set
Category: Unarmored

When equipped
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Max HP: 10
When hit by attacker
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Drunken's Sight(1 round) [Lowers attack chance by 25]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Drunken's Agillity(1 round) [Lowers block chance by 25]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On source
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Drunken Dance (2 round) [Increase block chance by 25]]

Drunken Brotherhood's Mini Jar [picture of small jar hanging on the chain]
Set
Category: Necklace

When equipped
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Attack/Move cost: -2 AP
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Drunken Fatigue [Same as Minor Fatigue]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Drunken Regeneration [Heals 5 HP per round]]

Drunken Brotherhood's Ring [picture of small jars cut into the rings "stone"]
Set
Category: Ring

When equipped
‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‎‎Attack Chance: 10
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Attack Damage: 5
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Increases critical skill by 10
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Max HP: 5
On every hit
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Restores 1-2 HP
On every kill
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Restores 2-4 HP
Last edited by Grim Reaper on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Some of the things you suggest, such as "Enemy will lose amount of AP enemy needs to perform an attack multiplied by smallest natural ‎number that would make enemies AP at least halved (ENEMY: 10 AP, Attack cost 3 -> AP-6 -> ENEMY: 4 AP", cannot be done without us changing the game engine. We will not do that without a very compelling reason.

Your idea of stacking multiple instances of one condition is interesting though. But I suspect that with the numbers you suggested the chances of getting all of them at once is a lot lower than you think it is (or maybe not, but it's certainly lower than many readers of you suggestion think it is ;) )
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

I am well aware of that, i have taken enervation from a post that suggested it and modiefied it to not be as OP as suggested in post (had to remove the link of that post from mine to include the story, my post was too long), i do hope you guys recognize unique and new approch as a worthy of implementation. I am sure those sets would be loved. Nerfing or boosting any of them by what you guys think is more balanced is more than welcome
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves