v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Shadow Juggernaut's Set

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Grim Reaper
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Shadow Juggernaut's Set

Post by Grim Reaper »

Gonk wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:57 pm The Blackwater "set" is made a set by a non stacking actor condition. So only if you were some Blackwater items they get useful. Maybe this is an option for you, too.
in this case, hardly.. cuz if u were to give each item a bonus of AP per turn u could simply skip on the sets weapon and use 2 AP weapon instead with 20ish AP.
  • [RoL] Rapier of lifesteal (X2)
  • [RoLS] Ring of lesser Shadow
  • [RoFLS] Ring of far lesser Shadow
  • [HoF] Helm of Foreseeing
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • [BoG] Boots of the Globetrotter
  • Troublemaker's gloves
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Grim Reaper wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:07 pm Aw, would it be implentable?
Almost anything is implementable. The question is whether it's worth doing. We do this in our spare time, and that is very limited, so making changes to the game engine has to have a very good justification.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

rijackson741 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:18 pm Almost anything is implementable. The question is whether it's worth doing. We do this in our spare time, and that is very limited, so making changes to the game engine has to have a very good justification.
I do think sets would enrich the game a lot, however it would be best if you do not waste your time with them now, instead concentrate on finishing the game, but i do feel they are worth your time and that it would be great if you decided to work on them around the time main quests gets finishable touch.

I hope i will be able to provide help with ATCS, sadly, i cannot promise anything at this point.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
CKork

Post by CKork »

In general, I like the idea of sets.
Something that I suggested once was a magic find set to help farm legendaries. Though, that would easily be implementable without extra coding.

I am sure, many of your set ideas can also work without extra coding, if you spin your head around it some more.

For example, putting additional stacking AP actor conditions on the equipment. Why do you do that? Because you wand a devastating weapon, but one that hits very seldom and increases the chance to getting hit.

Instead of making it that complicated think the other way around.
Lowering the amount of hits you do and increasing the chance to get hit can be accomplished by lower attack chance and lower block chance. Work with those instead, and make it an 8 AP or more weapon.

That way, no other weapons can profit from the AP bonus and you get a similar effect.

Another Option would be to implement that working with criticals.

Another one could be an actor condition on hit on the weapon:
100% chance on successful hit to reduce max AP by 5 for next two rounds.

If you want the set to be worn completely, as suggested above, put a non-stackable, very bad actor condition on each item (e.g. -500 attack chance) and put 500/{# of set items}+some extra AC on each item.

I guess there are many ways to make your desired effect work with current game mechanics. I would love to see you successfully implementing sets by working with what currently is available in the code
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

Perhaps it would work, but whole mechanics of the set would have to change and i really love them... alternativly you could just add all but one of jugernaut's rage effects to proc on the weapon instead of armor and that would solve the issue... remaining one would be renamed to another abillity which would be constantly active on the armor cuz you could just run with overpowered weapon if that were not the case.. armor alone would be overly underbuffed as well.

if that were the case, this is how it would work..

Shadow Juggernaut's Massive SledgeHammer
Set
Category: Mace

When equipped
‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‎Attack Cost: 19 AP
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Attack Chance: 100
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Attack Damage: 20-40
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Damage Modifier: 200%
When hitting target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ 50% chance of Dazed(3 rounds)
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ 50% chance of Stunned(2 rounds)
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On source
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎100% chance of Debuff(1 round) [Clears all positive effects]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎40% chance of Cleansef(1 round) [Clears all negative effects]]
When hit by attacker
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On source
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎66% chance of Juggernaut's Rage 1(10 rounds) [Increases AP by 2 points, Cannot change weapon while this effect is active, Unstackable]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ 66% chance of Juggernaut's Rage 2(10 rounds) [Increases AP by 2 points, Cannot change weapon while this effect is active, Unstackable]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎66% chance of Juggernaut's Rage 3(10 rounds) [Increases AP by 2 points, Cannot change weapon while this effect is active, Unstackable]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ 66% chance of Juggernaut's Rage 4(10 rounds) [Increases AP by 2 points, Cannot change weapon while this effect is active, Unstackable]]
On every block
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On source
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ 33% chance of Juggernaut's Rage 1(10 rounds) [Increases AP by 2 points, Cannot change weapon while this effect is active, Unstackable]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ 33% chance of Juggernaut's Rage 2(10 rounds) [Increases AP by 2 points, Cannot change weapon while this effect is active, Unstackable]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎33% chance of Juggernaut's Rage 3(10 rounds) [Increases AP by 2 points, Cannot change weapon while this effect is active, Unstackable]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ 33% chance of Juggernaut's Rage 4(10 rounds) [Increases AP by 2 points, Cannot change weapon while this effect is active, Unstackable]]

Shadow Juggernaut's FullPlate Cuirass
Set
Category: Armor (heavy)

When equipped
‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ Increases attack cost by 3 AP
‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ Increases move cost by 4 AP
‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‎‎Attack Chance: -20
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Block Chance: 30
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ DR: 4
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Max HP: 10
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Juggernaut's Will [Increases AP by 2 points]]
When hit by attacker
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎20% chance of Juggernaut's Density(2 round) [Same as Minor Fatigue]]
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎On source
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ 20% chance of Juggernaut's Wall(2 rounds) [DR +4]]

Shadow Juggernaut's Set Bonuses:
3: Attack Chance: 30, HP per hit: 4, AP: +1
5: Attack Chance: 50, HP per hit: 6, AP: +1

I think this could work, so i will be updating current post
Last edited by Grim Reaper on Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
CKork

Post by CKork »

It is still using set boni and equipment checks which are not currently implemented.
Try to think your way around those new mechanics by utilizing what is available.

Also, did you consider that heavy armor specialization removes the negativ effects on your armor?
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Having 20, 40, 60, 80 % of the same actor condition with the same effect on the same item makes no sense. Especially with it not being stackable.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

Antison wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:12 pm Having 20, 40, 60, 80 % of the same actor condition with the same effect on the same item makes no sense. Especially with it not being stackable.
its stackable, up to 4 times, in theory it used to not be stackable until you got a full set, then it would turn stackable.. but with some edits, now it can be stackable right away as i moved all of those procs to the weapon itself.
CKork wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:35 am Also, did you consider that heavy armor specialization removes the negativ effects on your armor?
i did, with getting ready whole game to wear that set items (meaning, bigger part of the game ur build will be useless), you will be needing at least 1 of those to proc to be able to make an attack, which seems fair enough. if you either dont wear -1 AP needed for atatck neckless, or miss 1 skill in either AP bonus or heavy armor, you will need 2 of those to proc. Mace itself is not overpowerly strong, giant flail might actually be as strong, if not even stronger, so it should be fine. If it will be seeming too op, it is always possible to reduce chance of it procing or remove 1 of them being an option to proc at all, reducing stack ing amout as well in that case..
CKork wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:35 am It is still using set boni and equipment checks which are not currently implemented.
Try to think your way around those new mechanics by utilizing what is available.
thats whole point of the post, to have sets items, in short, to implement methods which would support set items.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

There is no such thing as stackable X times. It's either stackable as many times as you can manage or it's not stackable and it affects you once.

See how the feline set works and try to emulate that.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

Tomcat wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:10 am There is no such thing as stackable X times. It's either stackable as many times as you can manage or it's not stackable and it affects you once.
making it stackable infinitive times shouldnt change anything, but letting unwell made builds use the weapon
Tomcat wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:10 am See how the feline set works and try to emulate that.
Again, what i am trying to have implemented are sets themselves as actual sets. Talking of feline, i was thinking for going unarmed next game. Mind directing me to post where i can see felines and robes stats and where i can obtain it or provind information instead?

On the side note.. I am greatful to all feedback on this post, but it makes me wonder, why this post and not any of other 2 posts about sets i have posted about? I would love to get feedback there as well.
Last edited by Grim Reaper on Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves