v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Is there a way to test out created content?

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
BiasZebra
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Is there a way to test out created content?

Post by BiasZebra »

I've created some content on the ATCS, and I'm wondering if there's a way for me to test it out. It's nothing massive, just 9 maps and three quests, but I want to make sure that the quests don't have any bugs and the dialogue works properly. Is there a way for me to somehow play the game with the altered and created content included?
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Is there a way to test out created content?

Post by Nut »

In short words: You should have your Andors-Trail sources twice on your pc, in different directories. First the version fir ATCS, the other as output.
In ATCS is an option Export Project, use this to merge the ATCS project into the sources. This can be compiled with Android Studio.
Nut
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

You need the sources from here: https://github.com/AndorsTrailRelease/andors-trail
Also install this version of Android Studio (not the latest version!): https://www.dropbox.com/s/cy924oqpaori5 ... s.exe?dl=0
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
BiasZebra

Post by BiasZebra »

Do you have a link to an Android Studio tutorial? I'm not the biggest code head around, and the UI looks pretty dense.

I got an emulator running, but I'm not sure how to run the AT app. From superficial research, I get that I need to open a build.gradle file, but I can't seem to locate that
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Nooooo! Do not migrate the project to gradle! We do not support it (yet), and that will break everything!

I'll write up something that hopefully will get you there.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
JaSP
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by JaSP »

You should test the APK on a real device. If you have access to a system like Debian, the build with Gradle is documented on GitHub. If you have a GitHub account, Travis CI may build the APK for you.
BiasZebra

Post by BiasZebra »

rijackson741 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:32 pm Nooooo! Do not migrate the project to gradle! We do not support it (yet), and that will break everything!

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit needy, but can you help me out with setting up an APK on Travis? I got a project created, but I'm not sure which file to add to my repository (assuming that's the correct way to do it, probably isn't even close =/)
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Gonk »

First step would be to get the regular sources build.
Travis CI might be the easiest way and maybe JaSP can help you.

Then try the APK on your phone. Sideloading, etc. I could help you on that part.

If everything is working I can show you how to integrate your ATCS content in the AT sources and then create a build containing your changes.

It sounds more complicated than it is. The hardest part is getting a working build and here JaSP can help to make it simple. If all this is absolutely not working then someone could create a build for you, but it won't be practical to develop content that way.
JaSP
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by JaSP »

BiasZebra wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:22 pm can you help me out with setting up an APK on Travis?
What is your GitHub account?
BiasZebra

Post by BiasZebra »

rijackson741 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:32 pm Nooooo! Do not migrate the project to gradle! We do not support it (yet), and that will break everything!

Been a while since I came here. Sorry about that, life got in the way!

If possible, can you help me out with getting a build with Travis or the such? I'm still new to programming, so I'm not sure where to start.