Meat drop percentage + Editing game

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Meat drop percentage + Editing game

Post by Osho »

As per the last updated unofficial database, the meat drop percentage appears at 30% while gold is set at 70 percentage of almost all animals.
I don't know what's the logic behind keeping the gold so much higher than the meat but it certainly makes the already tiring job of grinding for meat (which sells more than the rate of gold from these animals) even more frustrating and time consuming for me.
After killing 40 animals, I get roughly around 10-11 meat while the rest is of gold or useless items like gem, except leather boots from boars which is cool but again it's placed much lower than the gold drops.

IMO Meat drops should be set at a percentage higher than the gold, gems or even hair drops to make sure the players can manage to make more money out of the time it goes in hunting down these animals while still taking a hit on the health when the player is still struggling to level up and purchase items over a period of time which requires a minimum 25000 worth of gold before it can venture out and take part in risky missions.

Coming to the Editing part - Is there an app or trick available to manually change drop percentages without causing any issues in the game??
I am playing on Android phone so it's not possible to access either a PC/laptop as I don't have immediate acess to them.
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Meat drop percentage + Editing game

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Are you sure this is the right game for you?
See the puppies scatter.
Osho

Post by Osho »

Schmmiiirc wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:33 am Are you sure this is the right game for you?
Why would I create an account and join the forums if I am not sure if the game is right game for me? :lol:
Schmmiiirc

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Osh wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:21 am
Schmmiiirc wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:33 am Are you sure this is the right game for you?
Why would I create an account and join the forums if I am not sure if the game is right game for me? :lol:
I just wondered because you seem to be dissatisfied with many aspects of the game.
See the puppies scatter.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Why bother editing the drop rate. If you are going to go that route, why not edit the save game. And yes there apps to do both. One requires root the other a hex editing app and or binary editor
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Osho

Post by Osho »

Schmmiiirc wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:46 am
I just wondered because you seem to be dissatisfied with many aspects of the game.
That's not true. I've never criticised any other aspect of the game besides the beginning journey of the game, which is unnecessarily made frustrating despite easy to overcome through simple changes to certain systems incorporated in the game.

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:43 am Why bother editing the drop rate. If you are going to go that route, why not edit the save game. And yes there apps to do both. One requires root the other a hex editing app and or binary editor
I want to edit the game anyhow if it helps to tackle the issue.
Ok, the hex editor is easy to find on playstore.

What are the steps and options for editing using it? Is it possible to simply raise the total gold available in inventory to any specific figure? Like 10000G right from the beginning?
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

It's simply changing values. It won't out right say gold or xp.
Name change is a simple one. There are two places you must change to do so. The first place will be the title screen. The other is your saved file. Best I can say is the save is by your items.

Changings your xp, gold, bc,ac, hp,ad, dr, etc is different within the saved file. But it's near your items and you will see your character name.
When using the hex editor be careful. Once you save the changes the file is overwritten. It can be corrupt if you do it wrong. (Yes you can fix the damages if you know exactly where you changed the file. But start out at the second place you see your character name. It's within that area you want to change.

Also you will need gold and a item to make it work easier.
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Osho

Post by Osho »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:46 pm It's simply changing values. It won't out right say gold or xp.
Name change is a simple one. There are two places you must change to do so. The first place will be the title screen. The other is your saved file. Best I can say is the save is by your items.

Changings your xp, gold, bc,ac, hp,ad, dr, etc is different within the saved file. But it's near your items and you will see your character name.
When using the hex editor be careful. Once you save the changes the file is overwritten. It can be corrupt if you do it wrong. (Yes you can fix the damages if you know exactly where you changed the file. But start out at the second place you see your character name. It's within that area you want to change.

Also you will need gold and a item to make it work easier.
Title screen? I didn't get this part.

I downloaded an editor, imported the savefile and gere's the screenshot with the available gold marked inside it.

When I change that fugure to any number and try to launch the save, the game throws a pop up saying "unable to load the file... may be damaged or incomplete"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Schmmiiirc

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Osh wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:42 pm
Schmmiiirc wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:46 am
That's not true. I've never criticised any other aspect of the game besides the beginning journey of the game, which is unnecessarily made frustrating despite easy to overcome through simple changes to certain systems incorporated in the game.
Well here's a couple of examples. ;)

https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?p=69781#p69781

https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?p=69598#p69598
See the puppies scatter.
Osho

Post by Osho »

Schmmiiirc wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:50 pm Well here's a couple of examples. ;)
Honestly, I don't have any serious issues with anything else. One was clearly posted under ideas. While the topic on instant respawns was meant to simply understand the reasons behind it. It occurs only in specific map areas and strangely in the same spots on most occassions, but otherwise nothing to feel upset about it. Maybe for players into permadeath mode.