v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Item set idea around magic find

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Item set idea around magic find

Post by CKork »

I’ve thought long and hard about a new item „SET“.
What I’ve been spinning my head around is equipment that helps you up your Magic Finder Skill (MF) without investing the skill points. An item set seems ideal for this.
Since it will make finding extraordinary and legendary items much easier, the set itself should
  • Not be overpowered and nothing you’d decide to wear for all eternity
  • Hard to obtain itself (thinking of a lengthy quest line)
  • Only be viable and helpful if worn as a whole set (which prevents you from wearing ANY other item you’d otherwise use)
I don’t want to disclose every item in the set yet (some look very generic, while others are very special and extraordinary in their stats, at least if there were no set drawbacks :-D)
The set consists of 7 items and is not viable using only 6 or less (neither for MF, nor other stats):
  • 2 Rings
  • 1 Necklace
  • 1 Helmet
  • 1 Armor
  • 1 Boots
  • 1 Gloves
If worn completely, it gives you this stat and attribute composition:

Regular Set
  • 2 Dmg Reduction
  • 15% Block Chance
  • 19% Attack Chance
  • 8 Dmg Average
  • 13 Crit Skill
  • 6 HP
  • -2 Move Cost
  • 7 MF
  • 5% chance for each attack to regenerate 0-1 HP
  • 30% chance for each successful hit to regenerate 1 HP
  • 50% chance on kill to regenerate 0-2 HP
Way of the Monk Set
  • 0 Dmg Reduction
  • 3% Block Chance
  • 17% Attack Chance
  • 9 Dmg Average
  • 5 Crit Skill
  • 10 HP
  • -3 Move Cost
  • 9 MF
What do you think?
Do you like the idea of an MF set?
Do you think the overall stats are fair or do they need tweaking (again, think it should focus on MF and NOT be overpowered or THE wanna-have set for your character)?
7/9 MF ok for you, considering it will contain a lengthy quest to acquire it?

In case you like it, I’ll disclose my individual set item ideas and the set drawback to the devs and continue with spinning my head around the quest line, where it will send you and the corresponding dialogues that go along with it. (cannot do maps or npc art or anything, but can prepare all the rest, dialogue, deicisions, etc.). Helpful enough to get it implemented?
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
unknownperson
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Item set idea around magic find

Post by unknownperson »

CKork wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:31 am I’ve thought long and hard about a new item „SET“.
What I’ve been spinning my head around is equipment that helps you up your Magic Finder Skill (MF) without investing the skill points. An item set seems ideal for this.
Since it will make finding extraordinary and legendary items much easier, the set itself should
  • Not be overpowered and nothing you’d decide to wear for all eternity
  • Hard to obtain itself (thinking of a lengthy quest line)
  • Only be viable and helpful if worn as a whole set (which prevents you from wearing ANY other item you’d otherwise use)
I don’t want to disclose every item in the set yet (some look very generic, while others are very special and extraordinary in their stats, at least if there were no set drawbacks :-D)
The set consists of 7 items and is not viable using only 6 or less (neither for MF, nor other stats):
  • 2 Rings
  • 1 Necklace
  • 1 Helmet
  • 1 Armor
  • 1 Boots
  • 1 Gloves
If worn completely, it gives you this stat and attribute composition:

Regular Set
  • 2 Dmg Reduction
  • 15% Block Chance
  • 19% Attack Chance
  • 8 Dmg Average
  • 13 Crit Skill
  • 6 HP
  • -2 Move Cost
  • 7 MF
Way of the Monk Set
  • 0 Dmg Reduction
  • 3% Block Chance
  • 17% Attack Chance
  • 9 Dmg Average
  • 5 Crit Skill
  • 10 HP
  • -3 Move Cost
  • 9 MF
What do you think?
Do you like the idea of an MF set?
Do you think the overall stats are fair or do they need tweaking (again, think it should focus on MF and NOT be overpowered or THE wanna-have set for your character)?
7/9 MF ok for you, considering it will contain a lengthy quest to acquire it?

In case you like it, I’ll disclose my individual set item ideas and the set drawback to the devs and continue with spinning my head around the quest line, where it will send you and the corresponding dialogues that go along with it. (cannot do maps or npc art or anything, but can prepare all the rest, dialogue, deicisions, etc.). Helpful enough to get it implemented?
Well, this does look interesting: Get a significant improvement on MF at the cost of pretty low-ish stats.... ;) In that case, that MF set could probably do for the extraordinary/legendary grinding, but will have to change to full combat gear whenever it comes to OTHER grinding. (such as exp or something :) ) But, overall, let's decide that to Zuk and RJack, or also the rest of the team :D .
PD Ascendant.
Guyne Ninzo II-Level 60
WA:1 CS:2 IF:3 MF:2 DbotS:1 OneHSProf:3 ShProf:1 LAProf:3 FS-W&S:2 Spe-W&S:1
HoF:1 BD:2 RoLS:1 RoL:0 WMC:0 GoW:1 GoLF:0 VSH:0 SRoV:0 HS:0 ElyR:0 ChaR:0 ShaF:0
CKork

Post by CKork »

That is the idea behind, yes :-D
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

As a minor note, we can have an effect on each kill, or on each hit, but without changing the game engine, not on each attack.

We also cannot allocate skills to equipment. We could change that of course, but I am not keen on the idea. MF 7 would normally take 28 level ups, and I don't think any gear should give you that. Once you had the item you wanted you could just discard the gear and use something else, so you would not really have invested anything.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1