v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Crackshot hideout - Dialog box

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Crackshot hideout - Dialog box

Post by Osho »

After completing the quest, the dialog boxes which appear in the beginning of the quest still pop up after passing over the blood stains - except one!

Video attached.

1. At the start of the quest - if I step on the last blood stain and accidentally press anywhere on the screen then the dialog box disappears instantly. It doesn't remain on screen to let the player choose to "leave" similar to the first TWO dialog boxes

2. Shouldn't the first TWO dialog boxes disappear after the quest is finished rather than keep poping up each time player steps over the blood stains?

Suggested fixes:
1. The third dialog box should remain on screen and not instantly disappear. I had missed reading his dialog box on previous occasions
2. After the quest is complete and player has successfully interacted with all three dialog boxes then all of them should not pop up later , OR all three should pop up consistently each time the player triggers them.

It's a minor annoyance but I thought to report about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PinkPokemon69
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: Crackshot hideout - Dialog box

Post by PinkPokemon69 »

Osho wrote: ↑Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:02 am
1. At the start of the quest - if I step on the last blood stain and accidentally press anywhere on the screen then the dialog box disappears instantly. It doesn't remain on screen to let the player choose to "leave" similar to the first TWO dialog boxes
Yes I've encountered this aswell.
2. Shouldn't the first TWO dialog boxes disappear after the quest is finished rather than keep poping up each time player steps over the blood stains?
It should but it currently doesn't and will keep popping up as many times as you step on them
Suggested fixes:
1. The third dialog box should remain on screen and not instantly disappear. I had missed reading his dialog box on previous occasions
I don't think I've ever read it aswell ( i click a lot)
2. After the quest is complete and player has successfully interacted with all three dialog boxes then all of them should not pop up later , OR all three should pop up consistently each time the player triggers them.

This would be nice
It's a minor annoyance but I thought to report about it.
I was confused as well, but i just shrugged and kept on playing. Dev's are busy as it is >.< (Tho I was also not registered on the forum then)
If one of them has some free time for fixes they might fix this aswell after reading this so good job đź‘Ť
L = 74
HP = 279
AP = 4/12
AC = 262%
AD = 68-91
CHS = 31
CM = 2.0
ECC = 19%
BC = 112
DR = 7

WA L1, HH L1, CS L2, QL L2, CE L3, IF L5, O-HSP L1, SP L2, LAP L1
Fighting style: WaS L2
Specialization: WaS L1

Shadow Regen

ShaF: 1, RoLS: 2, RoFLS: 1, VD: 4
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

The auto closing of the dialog windows when clicked outside of it should be fixed. Gonk fixed this in many other places. Maybe he missed that one?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

I just came along fresh through the cave and got the message (see attachment).
It didn't vanish when I tap next to the popup, just on leave button though.
The third popup mustn't come again, because the calling soldier just got killed. The other messages are about blood on the floor which lasts longer, so I'd say it is OK like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nut