v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Storage containers, boxes + pick up options

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Storage containers, boxes + pick up options

Post by Osho »

1.) I've noticed there's no MANUAL option to pick up a set number of items the same way the player can choose to drop a set number of items in any storage facilities available in the game.
I have to either pick up ALL and then drop the rest again, OR keep pressing the item on screen till the game reduces the number from the total figure I want to pick up.

Suggestion:

A long press on the item, OR [pick] icon similar to [info] icon that appears in traders dialog box, should allow the player to manually choose a number for the items to pick up from the storage, thus making it easy!

2.) The current storage facilities are very limited in game. Couldn't there be additional boxes or containers for storing items just alongside the beds available for rest in various locations? There's even a cupboard in Remgard which cannot be interacted at the moment. It'd be cool if I can have more facilities to store items, and in any location of my choosing to quickly access them when I come to rest avoiding a detour all the way to crossglen or fallhaven to pick them up.
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Storage containers, boxes + pick up options

Post by CKork »

2)
If I forget my chipcard in the drawer at home, and open the drawer at work, it's not there. Things cannot be in 2 spots at once.
Plus, there are no weight or item number restrictions. You can carry everything around.
Not needed IMHO.

1) like it and makes sense
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Osho

Post by Osho »

It feels odd there are no facilities for storage in other areas and only crossglen has it. I am not asking too many but at least 1 alongside the bed at various rental inns. Adding a bit more interactivity in the game world too. Storage is something every rpg game has it. In AT most are available near 1 location only
Last edited by Osho on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Prim has a basket in the inn and in Vacor's hideaway.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho

Post by Osho »

But no interesting grinding areas near them. I use vacor's hideout to store quest related items. Crackshot for storing extraordinary items for future upgrades - if any.

Is it safe to store in the open as loot bags in different areas on map? Is there any risk involved?
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:31 am Is it safe to store in the open as loot bags in different areas on map? Is there any risk involved?
Yes, no risk.

Would be cool if there was. The highway man steals your stuff.
A wolf eats your substances.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"