v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Green Maze Area Quests

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: Green Maze Area Quests

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

I normally get caught up on the game before my 40s
But great job. Also you still have one quest left at lodars
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

I'll soon complete that part. I was aiming to complete the important parts from finding him to unlocking the secret route which makes up the entire run from start to finish.
Once I collect all the required ingredients of other special potion then I will have another visit.
Elytra
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Elytra »

Osho wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:06 pm Finished green maze and lodar's quests at level 33 !!

Has anyone attempted to finish it at lower levels?
Cool I never completed Lodar's quest at that level good job.
Osho

Post by Osho »

Elytra wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:00 pm Cool I never completed Lodar's quest at that level good job.
Thanks. It's a lot of fun. I am going to now visit green maze at the earliest on every playthrough.
In the next release, I'm planning to enter without 2 combat speeds and without spending too much time on farming XP inside the green maze for a normal course of adventure experience.
The game offers good freedom of choice in equipment and build which can help to tackle the challenges inside the green maze. It'll require a lot of patience though.

Also, I would want to mention that it wasn't a reload/save or a potion hogging affair. I planned my build in advance with the right equipment in inventory for different challenges :)

Lastly, I would like to appreciate the Hirathils! Fantastic foes. A real challenge. Their AI is quite unpredictable. Sometimes they would appear as if they aren't going to react but catch you by surprise with instant moves the moment you are nearby them. They can even move to attack when I am at a safe distance of two tiles away. The blue ones are a bit less dangerous but still unpredictable.

The bats are really annoying. They are more dangerous than hirathils. Not in terms of damage but playing a spoiler to your strategy of out manoeuvring hirathils.

Overall - Brilliant level design.
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

Really? I find them very predictable.
Also, do it with PD chars, gets your heart pumping :-)
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Osho

Post by Osho »

Tried another run. I was able to reach Lodar at around Level 23. But Hirazinn is a pain to defeat. Didn't realise it had such a high DR !! My character was focused on BC (89) and DR (10) at the cost of average AC (165), and Damage (12-27).
Hira'zinn completely ruined my hopes. Impossible to deplete it's health with my current damage figures.. 😐 Had to call it quits..
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

When up against something with high DR weapons with fewer attacks per round, but more damage per hit, are a good option.
I'm impressed that you made it to Lodar at level 23.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Osho

Post by Osho »

Thanks to DR items. It helped to make the whole journey easy. But it came at a price of low damage per hit. Had no clue of Hirazinn's DR, otherwise I would have planned accordingly.
Started another run.. I'll make sure this time damage is enough to defeat that monster.

EDIT;
rijackson741 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:21 pm When up against something with high DR weapons with fewer attacks per round, but more damage per hit, are a good option.
I'm impressed that you made it to Lodar at level 23.

UPDATE: Finished at Level 24 !! ☺️

✓ Reached Lodar
✓ Killed Hira'zinn
✓ Unlocked the shortcut
✓ Destroyed Xul'vir

Video - https://youtu.be/LTAUJLFQ34Y
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

You have finished everything at level 24?
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Osho

Post by Osho »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:51 am You have finished everything at level 24?
Only the checklisted quests I mentioned above. The quest related to Lodar's request for an ingredient (Lodar's potion) was still active as it required another visit after exiting Green Maze.
Aulowenn quest wasn't touched either.
Several other quests outside Green Maze aren't included either

The aim was to reach Lodar as early as possible and exit Green Maze via shortcut after completing all possible Lodars quests on first visit.