v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Fleeing bug

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Elytra
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Fleeing bug

Post by Elytra »

Found this strange bug while grinding I tried to flee but I got stucked on a tree
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Fleeing bug

Post by Osho »

Tried it myself and couldn't reproduce the bug. Used flee and move.

I think this might be just a result of the character being suddenly pushed to the tree and getting stuck due to some momentary glitch in recording the movement while pressing on screen to flee from a particular point.

Can't explain it properly but I have experienced in the past the character behaving after manually trying to flee (pressing repeatedly on a tile away from the combat) as if being flung into the air.

It doesn't happen if I long press on a tile where I want to flee. Since then I have stopped pressing manually.
Elytra

Post by Elytra »

I happens when you are 1 tile far from an obstacle then tap multiple times on it when fleeing
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Interesting.
Could you try 2 things next time you are in such a place:
Drop something and watch where it lands.
Go 1 step to an adjacent place by tapping shortly. Do you get there?

I ask this because I wonder if you really got to such an unwalkable place, or if only your sprite is drawn there, but the game thinks that you have stopped just before it.
Nut
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

I have noticed that as well. You dont get stuck. The position is memorized correctly, but the character placed 1 tile further away. Once you move, you move from a regular position 1 tile away.

In the picture, my actual position is 1 south 1 left af the drawn character, on the bridge
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Looks like it is a racing problem, where parallel processes are not in the normal order. I guess this happens with slower phones?
I'm glad you don't really get on unwalkable areas, this would be critical indeed. Like this it is not nice but bearable.
Nut
CKork

Post by CKork »

Galaxy S9. Not really that slow ;-)
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Elytra

Post by Elytra »

At first when I see this I thought I can walk through walls but no luck haha
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Interesting that it's a Samsung device. On an old Samsung tablet I get this weird effect where the whole screen occasionally goes black, except for the hero sprite, when I kill something. As soon as I move, the map comes back again. This does not happen very often though, and I have never seen it on any of my other devices (which is quite a few).
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1