Time for teleport

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Time for teleport

Post by Osho »

I like the trip to remgard on every new game. It shouldn't change at all. It's only late in the game (after 100% completionl that some concessions should be offered to the players who have already made two to three trips.

Like an update to the map with a bridge connecting Remgard to the southern mainland. It could form part of some NPC quest after finishing almost 99% of the game to offer some context to the new developments in Remgard which connects it to the other side if the map.

Similar to Ruthless crackshot quest. Suddenly a hole appears in the same spot that never existed before and unlocks a new place to visit underground.

In some RPG's changes to the maps over time can be seen.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Let's put it this way: before Andor will be found there won't be any teleportations installed, just for shortcuts.
(No rule without exceptions like in BWM)
and I didn't say we're going to have teleportations afterwards :shock:
Nut
Osho

Post by Osho »

I am curious why developers decided to place those portals (similar to Prim) at other locations in game? Is it part of future updates? If possible then please make them functional.
For ex: Portals in Stoutford can teleport players to some distant locations (like Remgard to obtain fresh damerilias, and other purposes). Similarly, the portal available outside lodar's hideout can be used to teleport to the portal placed near Hirazinn's location. Not at the start of the game but after defeating the monster and obtaining the activation vial.
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Soullessktty »

What we need is more quests in Remgard so that we can stay longer to enjoy Remgard for several levels that does not involve grinding ;)
Osho

Post by Osho »

Soullessktty wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:50 am What we need is more quests in Remgard so that we can stay longer to enjoy Remgard for several levels that does not involve grinding ;)
+1 👍
roberto
android_version: 7.0

Post by roberto »

To antison: there is a roadmap to do Nor City? I do not ask to find Andor soon, but at least start to reach the town and look around: i still need to find there the wife of old jailed man i freed from deamon in basement of big jail Building.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

roberto wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:40 am To antison: there is a roadmap to do Nor City?
We are in the planning stages for what we want to include in the next release. Nor City is a huge project and we have talked about it a lot. That's all I have to say about that.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

And we have been adding more things to do in Remgard and among the road (e.g. damerilias, the watch tower, arulir mountain) so that the long trip seems more worth it. There is at least one more quest in development (no, there's no timeline). So far, nothing requires you to make the round trip more than twice, if you do the first part of all of the back-and-forth quests on the first visit and finish them all on the second. When you look at it that way, it doesn't seem so bad. It just encourages you to explore thoroughly at each end instead of blindly running back and forth - unless you want to because you like grinding spiders or arulirs.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I have a lot more maps up by Remgard. No content in them yet though :(
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Osho

Post by Osho »

In terms of content for the maps, I'd appreciate the one with Allaceph's en route to Brimhaven, and high XP monsters similar to trolls found inside the cave in north remgard or Arulirs.

The quest inside the allaceph cave is particularly my favorite. Full of surprises and a solid challenge for players who come unprepared for it. Plus it is long one. Takes time and isn't a simple hack and slash types.

Similar quests deep inside caves or underground areas when we are en route for Remgard would be excellent!