When you go monking...

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
ruleofthirds13
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Re: When you go monking...

Post by ruleofthirds13 »

been there (but accidentally i deleted that save slot to low level two handed character)
you need very long patient to get nor deal massive damage to mobs.

first you need to be stand alone without weapon so you need to put def/damage res.

more potion, farming its a must.

last for your damage skill/points(every level up).

after you done that another build set accomplished!.
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Soullessktty »

One more thing, in my experience, martial artists learn how to deal maximum damage in each blow by identifying weak spots of the opponent. They learn how to kill with bare hands (and feet, shaolin actually learn how to handle various weapons effectively but we won't go here) by learning human anatomy. So, I find it odd that Unarmed fighting skill and Way of the monk skill do not increase Critical skill, although Way of the monk does give critical multiplier.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

The game has been very late in supporting Monk style building. It, like the game itself is a work in progress.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Giving monks crit skill is on the list under consideration for the future.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Tomcat wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:47 am Giving monks crit skill is on the list under consideration for the future.
Please create a separate leveling up of criticals (higher than 20% per skill) for the monks, so that the ECC 50% chance could be achieved near the end of games 100% completion, which is otherwise very tough right now.
Even introducing critical bonus (monks only) as an option under the level up choices (AC, BC, DMG) would be much better than retaining it as a skill only. Skills take more time to unlock compared to leveling up.

Some additional comments:

1. How will the game differentiate between a monk and a non-monk? If changes are planned for the monk style, be it skills, stats, or items, then it could be exploited by armored characters to take advantage of the bonuses granted.
There should be a separate monk character option at the start of the game to ensure the players don't use the monks bonuses only for limited gains.

Certain items should be impossible (greyed out) to equip if certain conditions aren't met to ensure the base statistics match the monks character.

2. On the subject of faster movements, I think this should be granted as a natural ability (unlimited - no restrictions in rounds) for the monks only. Maybe at a certain level/skill. Non-monk types can't have this ability naturally except using potions, or some items and for limited rounds only.

3. Not sure if this is too much to ask but I would like to see the ability for monks only to turn monsters into ally in a combat when surrounded with a group. Basically, a different version of cleave. Instead of AP bonus, monks can avoid a confrontation altogether (based on % chance) and maybe either recruit or order the monster (for limited rounds) to engage in attacking nearby monsters, which would directly benefit the monk in dividing the attack and move cost of the monsters between two targets, unlike a 1 -on- 1 fight.
ruleofthirds13

Post by ruleofthirds13 »

wishing have a more buff skills for monk or having two types of skills to choose. *battle monk(attack type) *metal monk(defense type).
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

Ok.
So my perma death way of the monk char is at lvl 74.
Proof of it being possible.

About monk and martial art. I do that in RL since ages, do know vital points and kyusho techniques, and how to critically land blows. It's devastating done properly when fighting others unarmed and unarmored.

So, my take:

Do monks and martial artists do more damage than an untrained person? Yes!
Do critical blows to vital points have more oomph than regular blows to other spots with same intensity? Yes!

So, way of the monk should do more damage than an untrained unarmed fighter. Game provides that! Done.

Does a blow with a fist by a monk do more damage to the body than a mace hitting the same spot? Definitely not!
Does a hit against steel armor with a fist compare to a blow with a dual handed claymore? Definitely not!
If a vital point is covered by armor, does the punch or kick still trigger the vital point? Nope.

So should way of the monk do more damage or equal damage than a claymore? No!

What I am supporting is more viable equipment and cloth for monk, incl knuckles with special actor conditions, etc.
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
ruleofthirds13

Post by ruleofthirds13 »

give em asura strike. lol