v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Grammer

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Grammer

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

As you know I've made a discord of pretty much a wall through of the quest.
There is soo much wrong in all the dialogues
When I post it all, my app wants to correct alot of it.
I'm not going to point it out, but it is on my discord. (Well links to my Google documents) But none of the less, it wants me to correct the sentence structure and also alot of typos. (Not people,places or things.

But that's not my main thing. I'm asking a questions
Where are the graves(s) I see only one
Aulowenn: As I mentioned, some of my men were killed by the local creatures here. We buried them to the east of here.
Aulowenn: I haven't been there for a few days now, but last I visited the graves, there was one of those foul creatures standing over the graves.
Wouldn't it be more accurate to say their shared grave, and or the grave they share?
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Grammer

Post by rijackson741 »

If you know of typos, we want to know about them. We will fix them.

Not sure what you mean regarding the graves. There are dozens of them scattered across the world.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

rijackson741 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:29 pm If you know of typos, we want to know about them.

Let's start with:- Grammar. :lol:
See the puppies scatter.
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Lol I'm not even trying now. I've been up since 5 am
Lol. I'm thinking of paying for the grammerly. Wife has it on her stuff, I'm thinking of doing not as well. But .... I do have my highschool teacher on FB. Lol maybe she would help lol
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

If it's all stuff that Google Docs or MS Word would highlight as grammar checks, we can take a look. Sometimes there might be intentional bad grammar to reflect that the npc is being casual or sounding ignorant, etc, but it would be good for us to see all the places and consciously make the choice to leave it alone or fix it.

I can help out with that, this next week or two, and I'm a fast proofreader, so I'm not just volunteering the devs to do all that work, I promise.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Tom you have access as they all do. You can see where input in stuff and what now. But this is the dialogue you get playing the game. (This is if you want to make it right. Yes I know we have U.K. English, American and Australian. Not including old ways of saying stuff.. but it's still there);if we are doing old ways. Ye thou and what not should be used. I also know if you are from the north we say guys, guyses, south y'all if your John Wayne you say pilgrim lol. Butt of we want this game to be taken seriously of you have a cpu download grammerly (free one) that will help alot
ruleofthirds13
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by ruleofthirds13 »

never figure it out that, ops i already kill that two.
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

There is a fourth way, but you need to trick the engine. Like when it says fight you click yes but exit out. Then go back to the other guy and before they tell you stuff you do the same. Both live. I was able to do it twice in blackwater and prim and I was able to trade with both
ruleofthirds13
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by ruleofthirds13 »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:34 pm There is a fourth way, but you need to trick the engine. Like when it says fight you click yes but exit out. Then go back to the other guy and before they tell you stuff you do the same. Both live. I was able to do it twice in blackwater and prim and I was able to trade with both
ok ok i try that tricks bwm and prim in my new experiment build.
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

It's hard to do. But eventually I will redo it and post it on my doc file on discord. But again quarks and all may hurt you later. So I am not doing those any time soon. It's too much of a combination of response to each person in each place to work right