v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Strange looking dagger

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Strange looking dagger

Post by Osho »

Interesting. I know a different outcome exists but three ways to do the quest is something I will now try it out myself.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Well actually 4 ways. But that one is off a glitch. And will hurt you while doing nthe quest
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Take a tour of the graves in town.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:51 pm Well actually 4 ways. But that one is off a glitch. And will hurt you while doing nthe quest
Glitch? What glitch?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

It only happened once while I was making a walk through
If your talking to some person before you find the crime scene and tap out of the dialogue I lose the dialogue and it reverts to me not even being able to do it. But it only happened once out of 5 character builds. Just like when you do mine for the taking. If you selected fight and not click ok, but click out of the dialogue box it says completed yet leaves him there..so no worries at all. It all works perfectly fine. Everything was easy and very fun to do.
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Revreboot

Post by Revreboot »

Antison wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:13 pm I find this very frustrating that we're continuing to give away all of these hints to this awesome quest.
I must say I find this quest frustrating because I still don't know what it is. This is completely different from every other quest because it doesn't seem to have a starting point. If I had entered Brimhaven for the first time without reading the forum and spoke to every person and looked at every location, I would have no idea that a quest even exists. Even buying a couple of 'quest items' does not lead anywhere because there is no quest log. I've read about a 'crime scene' and if I'd stumbled across one there would be a clear puzzle to solve. But I didn't so there is nothing to solve. It seems I just need to wander around the town over and over again speaking to the same people and hoping they will say something different. And now, those Feyguard monsters have stolen all my bonemeal . That leads me to think maybe it was part of the 'quest' because it is the first new thing that has happened in ages.
Sorry for the rant but I don't even know if I'm suffering from a bug and a quest log should have started but didn't.
xellossa
android_version: 4.3

Post by xellossa »

:D :!: :!: YEAH FINISHED THE STRANGE DAGGER
A nice reward from the Edrin.. (need to update the itemlist.php xoxoxo
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Revreboot,

It is not that difficult. You already found the items. now go find out what to do with them. it's not that hard.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho

Post by Osho »

Revreboot wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:36 am This is completely different from every other quest
That's why it's become an instant hit among rpg fans. Such quests should be added more in the future. Let the players figure out the quests by piecing together all the parts.

Seriously, I don't understand why you're facing this difficulty in initiating the quest. It simply requires some basic understanding about the context of those items in possession. Who do you think would help you in providing some clues about those items? If you have really explored brimhaven carefully in the past then you really don't need to talk everyone. Understanding the interaction is also important. Because who knows tomorrow there could be another quest associated to any person in the city. So, it's important for the players to spend enough time to have the knowledge about every person and their background.

In my case, I simply bought the items and didn't bother to waste time in hunting for the clues. At this stage, the players won't be able to figure out the context of the quest, because the quest hasn't started, yet. Just continue with the normal gameplay, and leave the items in the inventory as it is. Pay attention to the conversations. Soon you will come across the right person!
That's how it happened with me.

If you haven't yet initiated the quest, then simply focus on the game and spend time in doing other things. Leave the items in the inventory -- that's important. Otherwise the conversation won't trigger when you will meet the right person.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Revreboot wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:36 am If I had entered Brimhaven for the first time without reading the forum and spoke to every person and looked at every location, I would have no idea that a quest even exists.
This is by design. It is meant to be hidden quest, even though it's not very well hidden. So yes, it is initiated differently to every other quest. Sort of, anyway. Ultimately all quests are initiated by talking to someone.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1