v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Blackwater vs. Prim Analysis

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Blackwater vs. Prim Analysis

Post by Soullessktty »

I am making a comparison note and analysis on these two towns.

Blackwater:
  1. The Agent hide the fact that in front of the mine is the town called Prim, which is Blackwater's enemy.
  2. The Agent seems to know shortcuts but unwilling to share it with you to get to Blackwater.
  3. No one wants to trade to you unless you have helped removing the other leader through the quest "The agent and the beast". The only person who want to trade with you is the guy looking for claws, and that is only if you have finished the quest "No Weakness".
  4. Harlenn accusses the other side causing the aulaethes to attack them.
  5. Harlenn is very happy that you have assassinate Guthbered.
  6. Blackwater has an enclave special for those shadow priests/researchers.
Prim:
  1. They scratched out the sign-post saying the direction for Blackwater.
  2. Tonis, the guy outside Prim is quite desperately asking you for help when you talk to him.
  3. No one wants to trade with you, but Birgil, the guy in the pub is willing even before you finish the quest "Clouded Intent".
  4. Guthbered accuses the other side causing the gornauds to attack them.
  5. Guthbered somewhat regrets the fact that you have to assassinate Harlenn.
  6. It seems the imprisoned guy in the house in northern Prim is the scout Harleen claimed being captured by Prim.
  7. The quest "Awoken from slumber" gives you connection to Feygard.
My conclusion:
It seems that Blackwater may be closer to the Shadow, perhaps even Nor City. Prim, on the other hand, possible has link to Feygard based on the quest "Awoken from slumber."

If you role play as a noble Hero, aligning with Prim may be your best interest as well, because #1 shows Blackwater is quite manipulative while #5 seems to show Guthbered may be a better person.

However, without further knowledge of the story, of course, this is all is just an educated guess based on the data we have.
RaptorNXT
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Blackwater vs. Prim Analysis

Post by RaptorNXT »

Soullessktty wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:59 am I am making a comparison note and analysis on these two towns.

Blackwater:
  1. The Agent hide the fact that in front of the mine is the town called Prim, which is Blackwater's enemy.
  2. The Agent seems to know shortcuts but unwilling to share it with you to get to Blackwater.
  3. No one wants to trade to you unless you have helped removing the other leader through the quest "The agent and the beast". The only person who want to trade with you is the guy looking for claws, and that is only if you have finished the quest "No Weakness".
  4. Harlenn accusses the other side causing the aulaethes to attack them.
  5. Harlenn is very happy that you have assassinate Guthbered.
  6. Blackwater has an enclave special for those shadow priests/researchers.
Prim:
  1. They scratched out the sign-post saying the direction for Blackwater.
  2. Tonis, the guy outside Prim is quite desperately asking you for help when you talk to him.
  3. No one wants to trade with you, but Birgil, the guy in the pub is willing even before you finish the quest "Clouded Intent".
  4. Guthbered accuses the other side causing the gornauds to attack them.
  5. Guthbered somewhat regrets the fact that you have to assassinate Harlenn.
  6. It seems the imprisoned guy in the house in northern Prim is the scout Harleen claimed being captured by Prim.
  7. The quest "Awoken from slumber" gives you connection to Feygard.
My conclusion:
It seems that Blackwater may be closer to the Shadow, perhaps even Nor City. Prim, on the other hand, possible has link to Feygard based on the quest "Awoken from slumber."

If you role play as a noble Hero, aligning with Prim may be your best interest as well, because #1 shows Blackwater is quite manipulative while #5 seems to show Guthbered may be a better person.

However, without further knowledge of the story, of course, this is all is just an educated guess based on the data we have.
Masterful analysis!
Taking the third option: There's a way to complete the quests without assassination of either leader, with Prim winning and Blackwater leader abdicating. The quest makers have made it wonderfully intricate. A kudos is in order.
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
Soullessktty

Post by Soullessktty »

RaptorNXT wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:57 am
Masterful analysis!
Taking the third option: There's a way to complete the quests without assassination of either leader, with Prim winning and Blackwater leader abdicating. The quest makers have made it wonderfully intricate. A kudos is in order.
Thank you. I forgot to include those facts. Though, I don't think they affect much because both sides are just as happy when it happens to the others.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Nicely analysed the whole background of the events. Learned about a few things I never noticed before. The conclusion seems to hint the direction future updates will take. 😉
ruleofthirds13
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by ruleofthirds13 »

i forgot the trick to that quest
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

That or refuse to help either side
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Soullessktty

Post by Soullessktty »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:23 pm That or refuse to help either side
You can decide to do the quest that way. However, my point is to analyze who is on what side based on the information we can find from the game.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

It's an interesting analysis. Especially given that the person that created that content is gone from the project, and none of the current dev team really know what was intended (beyond the obvious).
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Soullessktty

Post by Soullessktty »

rijackson741 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:03 pm It's an interesting analysis. Especially given that the person that created that content is gone from the project, and none of the current dev team really know what was intended (beyond the obvious).
Oh, well. Then, it's an idea for further development to build the extra story on those subtle hints, then :D
Lacrom
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by Lacrom »

Isn't Blackwater more Elytharan than Shadowish ?
Jean-Jacques Goldman | LV115
ElyR:1 HoF:1 RoLS:3 RoL:2 YN:1 | BD:1 ChaR:1 GoW:11 GoLF:1 HS:2 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:1 WoB:1 WMC:1