v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

My permadeath char is gone because my tablet freeze

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
_Khai_
android_version: 4.2

My permadeath char is gone because my tablet freeze

Post by _Khai_ »

First of all this is my 1st post so idk if im in right place or even doing it right also my english is not good so I apologize in advance. Now for that char that lost, it happened last few months its been a while. While playing permadeath mode my tablet freeze and all I can do is turn it off and restart. But when I go back there's no continue and ofcourse no save too since it froze and didnt have a chance to save. I just let it go since its just lvl18 and just assume its never gonna happen again. Fast forward now I have lvl96 permadeath char done finding all places, quest and just trying to find all L&E items. Im doing WMC in permadeath and switching to my unli life/save char trying to get HOF. I do this everytime now this way the time of waiting kinda minimize for me but this night something happened. Just when I switch to my unli save (fortunately) my tablet freeze again and all I can do is turn it off. Now im scared of opening my permadeath thinking it migth delete when my tablet freeze again. I hope you all find a way for this not to happen, that thing that when you open your permadeath char and the save is gone is the problem. I mean my tablet freezing is the problem too but it can happen to someone else too.
I may have and idea , maybe instead of our save is gone whenever we open it why dont we just have 1 save slot for our each permadeath character that dont delete whenever we access it. This way permadeath acct is safe not only from the problem I have its also safe from getting overwrite of other save. Now the thing is people can do reloading in L&E farming again, the solution is dont allow players to go in main menu without saving first. Hope you all fix this problem for not only me but for future players that will get that unfortunate freezing.
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: My permadeath char is gone because my tablet freeze

Post by Gonk »

Normally a freeze should not destroy the temporary savegame that is used for the "continue" button. If you want to restore your level 18 permadeath hero then PM me and I will try to help you.

Make a copy of your level 96 hero's savegame. I have a way to restore it if your tablet freeze again.
_Khai_
android_version: 4.2

Post by _Khai_ »

Please teach me how to keep my lvl96 savegame safe, I dont want to restore that lvl18 I just want my lvl96 permadeath safe.
Gonk

Post by Gonk »

I created the code for the self-cheat protection. Make a backup of your level 96 savegame and keep it secure. I can restore it in case of a crash.
Gonk

Post by Gonk »

_Khai_ wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:03 am Please teach me how to keep my lvl96 savegame safe, I dont want to restore that lvl18 I just want my lvl96 permadeath safe.
You can use total commander or any other file explorer and locate the savegames on your external storage in the folder "andors-trail". You can then right click and send it via mail, upload it to google drive, etc. Don't delete or do anything else with the files.
20201110_183648.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Also copy the worldmap folder to backup!
You can ignore the log folder (if you even have one).
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1