v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

andors-trail folder on install ?!?

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

andors-trail folder on install ?!?

Post by Osho »

Whenever I install (or re-install) the game and want to continue with my previous savefile contents, the folder to load the files isn't generated by the game by default. See screenshot!

I've to start a new game, save it, quit the game, open file explorer, locate the andors-trail folder, delete the current savefile contents, and then move the previous savefile contents in order to continue playing it.

Is it possible to have the folder 'andors-trail' created automatically after installing the game?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: andors-trail folder on install ?!?

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

If using android, the file always remains there. All you would need to do after it's updated and or reinstalled is give the permission
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Osho

Post by Osho »

Is it applicable for beta releases? The same folder can be used to link with the new savefile generated by the beta versions?

Usually, the cleaner app on my phone removes all traces of the uninstalled apps, which includes empty folder of andors-trail and all the contents inside. While I can control the actions of the cleaner, I don't like to keep all the savefiles of different playthroughs on phone but on the cloud - if I have decided to take a long break till the next beta version is released. In such circumstances, I would prefer a new folder created after a fresh install of any version of AT!
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Gonk »

Andor's Trail creates the folder on demand when a game should be saved.

Could you backup and restore the whole andors-trail folder? Otherwise open Andor's Trail, start a new game and save it.
Osho

Post by Osho »

I already maintain the entire folder but always rename them to the name of levels, etc for context.

Now, I have made changes to all the folders on the cloud and renamed them with prefix 'andors-trail'

Not an issue now!