taunt skill

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: taunt skill

Post by Osho »

I unlocked Taunt at Level 36 with BC 125+ and many opponents could not make a successful hit for a large part of the combat, especially the ones with AC of 150 or below, which includes the majority of the total monsters in the game.

By the time I reached 150 in BC, I was simply watching the health of the monsters drop to zero, while they stand helplessly in cursing their inability to make a successful hit.

Add Greataxe of shattered hope and you can further maximise your chances of taking even the high HP monster easily.

I found Taunt very useful against monsters like graveyard corpse, and hirathils.
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

It is powerful, but not overpowered, as you need to have a very defensive focus to use it early, which can drag things out.
If you do it right, it will get you far.

If you get evasion and then full out dmg (glass canon) you can achieve quite the oposite. Also very powerful if done correctly, very fast, but not overpowered.

Both approaches need dedication and are completely different in playstyle. Powerful and one sided. Botg viable.
And so are all the wonderful and balancable builds inbetween
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

That's a point for the pre conditions: you'll have to decide and can't have e.g. both Taunt and Concussion - like in real life.
To try the other skill it's more reasonable to start a new game.
Nut