v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Edit saved game files ??

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
seaturtle
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Edit saved game files ??

Post by seaturtle »

Absolutely. I already feel a little weird about it, truth be told :roll:

Having access to millions of bonemeal basically means infinite HP & GP, thereby substantially reducing the peril and the thrifty aspects of gameplay.

**Addendum**

Found a way to test things out without completely ruining the gaming experience.

You can give your self billions of xp and level up as much as you need to (putting your level bonus into health, because it's one of the easiest stats to edit back down).
Put however many points (I'm going with 100) into Magic Finder or whatever you want to play with.

Then, simply edit your character back down to lvl 1 w/starting stats. Proceed to play as "normal," just with 100 MF.
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

Update, then I'll drop this subject and move on to legitimate constructive things...

I actually found the location of Magic Finder specifically. It *is* in fact possible. No need to spend clicking lvl up now. :)

Gonna boost it to 1000 and see what happens in the gargoyle caves.

To think...it only cost me an entire day of my life clicking around on a hex editor. :oops:
Gonna do so much real life stuff tomorrow.

**EDIT**

It is mighty tricky to find MF on a fresh character, as Zukero suggested. Seems a hybrid method is needed.
Ryujene45
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Ryujene45 »

Hi guys I'm new here but im total fan of this game.. And I can edit the 1st given items for newbie , I mean I can change the items in lvl1 ,, bdw sorry for my grammar I'm not use to English ,,
Here's a link of what I edited https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4 ... _tn__=EH-R
Grawmpy
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by Grawmpy »

I'm one of those who lost their character after my tablet died and didn't save to the cloud. I was almost to level 80 grinding through the whole game in an early v.6 edition. I love the game but it's very frustrating to have to start over from scratch when you have to start over from the beginning. I was so upset I haven't played again really since with any real purpose. If there was a way to get my character back to where I was I would love to find out how to do it. I know there are a couple of savegame editors out there but I have only found ones that are uncompiled and I am not savvy enough to compile it from the source without some instructions. If anyone could point me in the right direction on being able to do this I would be eternally grateful. Please PM me directly if you can assist with where to find one compiled.
Name: Grawmpy
Level: 42, Total XP: 1317231, XP: 7076 HP: 110, AD: 41-56, AP: 4, ECC: 31%, CM: 4.5, BC: 100, DR: 4 Gold: 365320 | RoLS: 2, RoL: 1 :evil:
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Sorry, the savegame is by far too complex to create a player with all the quest progresses, items etc. from scratch.
You may find someone who can copy his own save and give it to you.
But honestly, it might be a bit of work, but it is much more fun to start from the beginning again. E.g. there are some new items and beginners quest now that makes the start easier than the release 5 years ago.
Nut
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I don't know of any such savegame editor (well, I know of one, but it does not work anymore, so it's irrelevant, and I would not disclose it anyway because it was created for the dev team). If one existed, I would probably know about it. If you poke around in the file with a hex editor some things are fairly easy to find (back your file up before doing this!).
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Grawmpy

Post by Grawmpy »

The one you mentioned that doesn't work any more is probably the one that I found. It's been out of commission for several years it looks like. I have been trying to get into the hex editor to see what I can find and edit and have messed up a couple times. I have had a couple successes, but nothing to brag about. I'll keep trying until I can find what else I can do in it.
Level: 42, Total XP: 1317231, XP: 7076 HP: 110, AD: 41-56, AP: 4, ECC: 31%, CM: 4.5, BC: 100, DR: 4 Gold: 365320 | RoLS: 2, RoL: 1 :evil:
Grawmpy

Post by Grawmpy »

I have figured out how to change the values in hex for the XP and gold to try to get back where I was, but I still can't figure out how to add something like the two RoLS I had to the inventory. Every time I try to change any of the values I get an error in reading the file. I guess I will have to keep trying until I figure it out. Any hints to how to do that please PM me. Thanks

One question: How many of the Magic Finder skills does it take to really change the chance of getting the RoLS from the monster drop?
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

It's not that hard to do but you need a rolls first.
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Grawmpy wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:13 am One question: How many of the Magic Finder skills does it take to really change the chance of getting the RoLS from the monster drop?
See here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6613
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1