v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Monster stronger than Hira'zinn

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Halfor
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Monster stronger than Hira'zinn

Post by Halfor »

I think the norm of determining the strength of a monster is too.. odd, and it should be changed.

As you see, I have killed Hira'zinn, the strongest monster i think, but the game system showed me that Morkin leader is actually the strongest. It makes me loss the feeling of achievement after killing such a powerful boss.

But I can't think a better solution, any idea?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Monster stronger than Hira'zinn

Post by Antison »

I think strongest monster killed takes into account your strength at the time of encounter. In other words, your ratio of strength versus the strength of the monster was wider when you defeated the morkin leader.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Halfor

Post by Halfor »

umm, but I defeated them with the same equipment and I had just about 2 levels up after defeated the Mokin leader and facing Hira'zinn.
I defeated the Mokin leader without getting damaged but I had a painful experience with Hira'zinn.
QQkp
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by QQkp »

This "strongest monster" stat is determined strictly by the amount of experience the monster gives when killed.

The Morkin elder gives a pretty huge amount of XP because it has unusually high HP and BC (defensive stats) - but it's a fairly easy encounter, because it has very poor attack stats. Hira'zinn gives just a slight bit less XP, since its HP/BC is drastically lower than the Morkin elder. It has much higher attack stats, but not enough to pull up its calculated XP enough.

The Morkin are one of the corner cases that throw off the XP formula pretty hard - they have very good HP/BC, but very poor damage output and no crits, which make them very high-XP but low-risk.

For what it's worth, there are some enemies in the game with higher XP values than either of these, so rest assured that if you continue to play, the Morkin elder won't always keep its dubious distinction as the "hardest" enemy you've killed.
Halfor

Post by Halfor »

Get it, thank you so much!

So I know how to farm better now
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Also note that the XP calculation ignores nasty conditions that the monster can inflict you with, and those can make a big difference. Including that would make the calculation too complex, and rather subjective anyway.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
GnortsmraSirum148
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by GnortsmraSirum148 »

I don't think Hira'zinn is very tough; he almost always misses me and when he hits me he doesn't do much damage. He just gives me bad effects. My toughest monster killed is Arulir Pack Leader, I had to flee a lot and he had 1000 hp.
gnortsmra, lvl 52
Vaugha's Shimmering Hat, Serpent's Hauberk, Jewel of Fallhaven, Balanced Steel Sword(x2), Ring of the Protector(x2), Heavy Iron Gloves, Vacor's Boots of Attack
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

The Hira'zinn has a very high DR, which is where some players get into trouble. With 21 DR, if you only get 20-25 AD per hit you have a very long fight ahead of you, even if you get 6 hits per round (the maximum possible).
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Can't believe I managed to kill the Arulir Pack Leader first try (at Lvl 40)! Did not expect to succeed..thought I'd have to level up to at least mid-40's. No doubt it was a lot of luck, including a last-minute decision to switch from a Dagger (DoSP, offering 4 attacks per turn) to a common hammer: SkullCrusher (with 2 attacks/turn).

That new 'Damage Modifier' (187% for Skullcrusher) really helps make the high Attack-Cost weapons viable. I had given up on the heavier weapons until recently playing one of the newer builds.
The SkullCrusher--with its crit-hit 3x multiplier--cranked out some devastating damage every ~7 attacks..300+ pts sometimes.. really helping decimate the Arulir Pack Leader, Demonic & other high HP Arulirs. And the high damage helped offset being relentlessly Stunned by those last few baddies.
Btw, is there any antidote for getting 'stunned'?

Only tradeoff, which I forgot about until Afterwards--is the loss of a shield. That sucks..but didn't seem to matter too much since the Arulirs have fairly low AC, but would matter more in other situations, so I'll keep my DoSP handy!

Newer content is great! Glad I delved back in after ~4 yrs!
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Growler wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:33 pm Btw, is there any antidote for getting 'stunned'?
There are some potions.
Stoutford