v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Cauziler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Post by Cauziler »

So possible issue? Are we supposed to be able to get multiple snake leather purses from Gael, after giving him 10 more meat? I have done it twice so far... scratch that, 3 times...
QQkp
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by QQkp »

Cauziler wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:14 am I agree, I like the old one better better.
I have the same questions for you, then:
QQkp wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:39 pm If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to ask for some further feedback here.

For context, I introduced the new graphic because the old one was, in a sense, "wrong", in that the logical regions of the button didn't accurately correspond to the button's appearance. We previously chatted about this on the forum here. I play permadeath with the dpad, so that matters quite a bit to me - walking the wrong direction can mean game over, sometimes.

So I'd like to understand:
  • Could you describe what you dislike about the new graphic? (Size? Opacity? Aesthetic? Function?)
  • Would your concern be addressed with more flexible positioning options for the dpad (like you suggested in the thread I linked above)? Or would you still prefer the previous graphic even with that?
  • Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your layout?
I still have the SVG source file for the new dpad image, so tweaking it wouldn't take much time if we can think of ways that might make it feel better.
Also, one other quick one: Do you typically play mostly with dpad, mostly without, or a mix?
Cauziler

Post by Cauziler »

Its a mix between the size of the new dpad buttons, and what seems to me moving in the wrong direction when I press the intended direction. Its hard to describe. As I am new to giving feed back like this. I just find it easier for me to move with the old style dpad. But this may not be 100% accurate, for I am using a different device to play beta version.
Cauziler

Post by Cauziler »

Another note are the mobs from the broken crates supposed to be respawning endlessly in the quest A raid a for a cookbook(what i mean is are they supposed to respawn every time I run into the crate?). Also same quest when confrontation with the first theif the dialog seems off... otherwise I love it all! :D :D :D :D
Poppo
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Poppo »

It says that the translation has been updated, but at least the Japanese User interface is identical to the 0.7.12.1 version (F-Droid) and does not appear to be updated. Game content is fine.
Ease: Level 62, Els: Level 111, Jakora: Level 64
QQkp
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by QQkp »

Cauziler wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:37 am Its a mix between the size of the new dpad buttons, and what seems to me moving in the wrong direction when I press the intended direction. Its hard to describe. As I am new to giving feed back like this. I just find it easier for me to move with the old style dpad. But this may not be 100% accurate, for I am using a different device to play beta version.
Just as a quick test, would you say that the direction feels wrong only when you're trying to change directions while holding down buttons on the dpad? Or does it feel wrong for isolated single taps, as well?

Also, would you mind sharing a screenshot, or else your screen size/resolution? (I'm trying to make sure there isn't any bug or something with the interface scaling at different sizes.)

Thanks for your help! :)
Cauziler wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:50 am Another note are the mobs from the broken crates supposed to be respawning endlessly in the quest A raid a for a cookbook(what i mean is are they supposed to respawn every time I run into the crate?).
They are supposed to spawn like this - you've encountered a stone worm nest :) We'll be tweaking them a bit before the final release, but the spawning will remain much the same.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Poppo wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:06 am It says that the translation has been updated, but at least the Japanese User interface is identical to the 0.7.12.1 version (F-Droid) and does not appear to be updated. Game content is fine.
Nut wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:30 pm Yes, you are right. I always take the statistics from weblate, which still contains only the texts of version 0.7.12
Just before the build of the final release 0.7.13 I will push also the added texts to weblate and can get the new values.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

I have a suggestion to make the newly introduced monsters like mushrooms and worms (all types) a bit more threatening to the player than they currently appear. I only got the poisoning condition from mushrooms only 1 time throughout the quest. It was very easy to get through. Those big eyed monsters with pinkish body called stone or something were perfect! They did affect me, making me cautious in approaching them. Similar should be the experience with the mushrooms and worms. Just ramp up the condition % or damage, or both a bit more against the player. I understand this quest falls under the beginning areas when player isn't strong enough to face the challenge but still a bit of a balancing could be done. Not life threatening but not so easy either.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Osho,

What level was your hero at? We are targeting that 13-17ish level here. Give or take a level.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Not sure but I think Level 15 or below.

Had 2 rings of protector, ordinary chain mail of 22 BC, trident + superior steel dagger, boots from vacor, troublemaker gloves, no helmet, superior necklace