Gangs of Feyguard stealing bonemeal potions

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Gangs of Feyguard stealing bonemeal potions

Post by Antison »

Danilo492 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:32 pm Is the bonemeal patrol still in the game? I've lots and lots of bonemeal with me waiting for the Fasci.... sorry i mean Feyguard guards to show up.
Yes, and there is no fight.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Danilo492
android_version: 8.0

Post by Danilo492 »

Patroling to catch me grindig dirty... griding dirty.... grinding dirty....
Thank you.
svarni
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by svarni »

Meh wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:39 pm
mousewarp wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:35 am Still a seriously flawed idea [...] This is a deal breaker for me
felt like showing support
I just got raided by those guards due to bonemeal potions for the first time.
Wanted to look up the method to get the stolen potions back.

I think, everyone has a point:
- the devs for putting a mechanic in to punish those who carry the potions
- and the players for being annoyed for getting raided by the guards.

Let me put another point to the list:
- there is a missing game mechanic to get the potions back!

I got the potions taken away in Remgard. I've not been playing the game for 5 years now but I do remember my first passage to Remgard. Who does not? I remember creating a strategy for killing two collocating enemys of the black-hood-undead type (in the caves) on my way here. It was a hassle.
Bonemeal gives a lot more health per action points. If I would have lost the potions in Remgard on my first visit it might have ended up with losing my whole savegame. There is no guarantee for the palyer to always have multiple savegames so this mechanic (raiding the player for bonemeal potions) could have stopped me from playing the game - I would not have started over because of those raids. This cannot be wanted. You don't make a game in order to make people stop playing it and you don't add features (bonemeal potions) that you want players to avoid. Even if there are tricks to circumvent the raids, there is no guarantee that you actually know them. I totally forgot about the warning about carrying bonemeal pots due to 5 years of not playing. Luckily I'm level 70 and it doesn't hit me that hard.

So here's my proposition:
Since the raids are happening in the city and every city has a blue-hooded ... friend ... lingering around somewhere, that friend should be able to sense if the player has been raided for his bonemeal potions. So he should offer a quest to help getting the potions back! One could pay him half the purchase price of the potions or whatever (would be nice if he limits to the amount of money you have - otherwise same problem as before).
Either make it a single "wait until I'm back" quest. Or maybe a bit more generic one where you actually are to enter the guards place, having them being distracted by the friend and the player getting to the crate with confiscated stuff (which of course must also be added then).

What do you think?

PS: made a post in the forum for ideas: https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7087
NoobGamer
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by NoobGamer »

Im a newbie and a really bad gamer and find it really annoying.
All the lost gold I spent buying it only to be confiscated. Even games teach you that there's consequences if you stray or go the dark path. Tch.
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Soullessktty »

Ah... We'll need an asylum house offering rehab program for bonemeal addicts. Those guards are like DEA trailing your butt, literally.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Like Adam Sandler said "you booze, you lose pal. Remember that."

Seriously, we have heard your complaints on this and are thinking about improvements.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Soullessktty wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:42 pm Ah... We'll need an asylum house offering rehab program for bonemeal addicts.
Interesting idea. Maybe we'll put one of those in Feygard. If you have used too many bonemeals you get locked up for a while :lol:

I think we will probably not allow bonemeal into Feygard at all. You will have to stash it somewhere outside. :twisted:
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
ruleofthirds13
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by ruleofthirds13 »

as my new charact, thought that feygard would not raid. if you dont use bonemeal potion but suddenly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Yup. Behave yourself and you won't have a problem with the patrol.
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Reload is my Bonemeal friend. :)

Too bad you can't fight those DEA patrol bleep-bleep-bleep buggers. If ya could..
Make 'em very strong! Allow 8 of them to completely surround you.
Then use a bunch of bonemeal to help as you battle-whittle them to shreds! :twisted:
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.