v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New version and new maps

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: New version and new maps

Post by Antison »

SuperAwesomePrem wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:37 am 1>Oh sry I didn't know o wasn't supposed to double post.
Wat levels do I get skill points at btw? I just got one at lvl 24 also since skill points don't like stack. What happens if I don't use a skill point ? Do I lose it forever?
You get a new skill point every four levels.
some skill points do stack. I'm not sure what you mean by them not stacking.
If you don't use a skill point it just accumulates.You don't lose them
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
SuperAwesomePrem
android_version: 2.0

Post by SuperAwesomePrem »

Oh ok what skills should I work towards and what items should I try getting? Should I increase attack chance or damage on level up?
Also what profeciency to go for?
RaptorNXT

Post by RaptorNXT »

SuperAwesomePrem wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:43 am Oh ok what skills should I work towards and what items should I try getting? Should I increase attack chance or damage on level up?
Also what profeciency to go for?
That depends on which skills you feel are ideal for you. Go through the forum for posts like this :

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4583

Cheers,

RaptorNXT
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
SuperAwesomePrem

Wat armour mastery do I take tho. I still have the free one and 2 crystals plus 12k gold so I can get two but what sould I get?

Should I go for shield(For one free DR) and something else? If so what to get after shield?

Question 2: I just realised that a few blackwater mountain daggers also have the same 3 AP as quickatrike dagger.
But they seemed to have never been mentioned in the forums related to quickatrike. Is there a reason not to switch to these daggers or is it just new and so noone mentioned it?

Edit: Oof I just realised blackwater misery is a thing :(. Y make a 3AP dagger which increases AP by 1 :(. Is there any way to get rid of this effect?
SuperAwesomePrem

Another question: Who is this Barkas guy? I found his journal on the way to Blackwater mountain but there's no mention of him in the forums. I get the feeling he is the person who is causing Prim and Blackwater their problems.

Btw how do o conplete where is jorey? I can see Norry( I think) below but I have no idea how to get to it. Could someone show how to get to it on map plz? It's right next to the cave with ice on top of it .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

SuperAwesomePrem wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:22 am Wat armour mastery do I take tho. I still have the free one and 2 crystals plus 12k gold so I can get two but what sould I get?

Should I go for shield(For one free DR) and something else? If so what to get after shield?

Question 2: I just realised that a few blackwater mountain daggers also have the same 3 AP as quickatrike dagger.
But they seemed to have never been mentioned in the forums related to quickatrike. Is there a reason not to switch to these daggers or is it just new and so noone mentioned it?

Edit: Oof I just realised blackwater misery is a thing :(. Y make a 3AP dagger which increases AP by 1 :(. Is there any way to get rid of this effect?
No, there is no way to get rid of Blackwater misery. It doesn't stack, so if you use the whole Blackwater set it's very good, but one piece on its own is not so great.

There is no answer to which armor to go for. There is more light armor than heavy in the game, so perhaps that, but it depends on what you want. If you are going for a fast build with the QSD you should probably choose light armor anyway. Bear in mind that although the QSD gets a lot of attacks, it's not necessarily the best choice in every situation. Getting 10-15 damage per hit doesn't work too well if the monster has 15 DR! Then even one hit with 15-30 damage is better than 6 hits with 10-15 damage per hit.

We put in a lot of work to try and make it so that there is no optimum build, but rather many choices about how to construct a build that can complete everything in the game.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
SuperAwesomePrem

And how to do the Norry quest?
Antison

Post by Antison »

Ok, it's obvious from your last 2 posts that you have not explored all of Blackwater mountain.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
RaptorNXT

Post by RaptorNXT »

SuperAwesomePrem wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:30 am And how to do the Norry quest?
Seek and thou shalt find.

👍
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

WHERE IS NORRY?
(There are two options here. And also how things may go wrong)

(If you go down black water mountain, and head a tad south just before you went over and did the mermaid quest you will see a rope and a cave entrance take the rope)
Now head past the stone mount to the right and head south.
(You will see a dog and bones)
Wolfhound: Growl!

Option one

¹ (You): OK, I go. Stupid dog.
You see several huge bones of a monstrous skeleton. Good that this creature is dead now and not attacking you.
Take the bones.
(You): Take the bones.
Wolfhound: GROWL!
The wolfhound doesn't want you to take 'his' bones.
(You): The wolfhound doesn't want you to take 'his' bones.
Take them nevertheless.
[You gained an item]
You survived the encounter. You gained 117 experience.
Meat
(Head up to Blackwater Mountain. When you go west of the cabin and when you see the cave temple go behind it

Little Hettar
Little Hettar: Norry! Nooorryyyy!
(You): Hush! Don't make such noise with all these monsters around!
Little Hettar: I can see these Gornauds myself. That's why I must find Norry urgently.
Nooorryyyy!
(You): Who is Norry?
[Quest updated: "Where is Norry?"]
Little Hettar: Norry is my little doggie. He fell down the steep slope and has not found his way back yet.
(You): I have seen a great wolfhound down there a short while ago. But you say you are missing a little doggie.
Little Hettar: Please help to find Norry. He is my only friend, and he is helpless without me.
(You): The wolfhound down there had brown fur with a white patch on the breast. He was enjoying himself gnawing some huge bones.
Little Hettar: This must be him! Go and get him here - be quick!
(You): That would be of no use. This brute had attacked me, so I had to kill it.
[Quest completed: "Where is Norry?"]
[You gained 200 experience]
Little Hettar: [Hettar fell on the floor]
Nooo! What did you do?!
(Return)
Little Hettar: My poor Norry! Why did you have to die so young?
* Sob *
Little Hettar: Go away! I hate you!

Option two

(head to the cave temple First, from here if you look up, you will see Norry)

² Little Hettar: Norry! Nooorryyyy!
(You): Who is Norry?
Little Hettar: Norry is my little doggie. He fell down the steep slope and has not found his way back yet.
(You): Oh dear.
Little Hettar: Please help to find Norry. He is my only friend, and he is helpless without me.
(You): How can I help you?
Little Hettar: Please go down there and look for my doggie. Maybe he is injured? Bring him back! You must!
(You): OK, I'll do it.
Little Hettar: Great! Go immediately, as long as he might be alive still.
(You): I hope he will follow me.
[You gained an item]
Little Hettar: Good that you have mentioned it. I'll give you a nice raw piece of Wyrm meat that I have as food for Norry. He loves them.
(Head back to the spot as instated up above where Norry is)

Norry
(You): Hey Norry, look here! I have a Wyrm steak for you from Hettar.
Wolfhound: Grrrowl.
(You): Ah, I see. These monstrous bones here on the ground are delicious too.
*You see several huge bones of a monstrous skeleton. Good that this creature is dead now and not attacking you.
Take the bones.*
(You): Take the bones.
Wolfhound: GROWL!
The wolfhound doesn't want you to take 'his' bones.
*Take them nevertheless.*
(You): Hey Norry, look here! I have some much better food for you from Hettar.
*The wolfhound fetched the meat from your hand and devoured it greedily in a few seconds.*
(You): There, there. And now run to Hettar! He is waiting for you.
A moment later the huge wolfhound was gone.
(If you look down you will see Hettar and Norry)

Return to Hettar
Little Hettar: Haha! You know what? Norry has come back all alone! You have made all the way down unnecessarily.
(You): Now guess who had persuaded him to do so? He was absorbed by a pile of monster bones.
[Quest completed: "Where is Norry?"]
[You gained 2000 experience]
Little Hettar: Oh. Thank you then.
(Return)
Little Hettar: Thank you again a thousand times for rescuing my little Norry!
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach