v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Extraordinary and legendary items

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: Extraordinary and legendary items

Post by Growler »

Lam al Adie wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:57 am Stochastics can be fun. I got favored by some freaky kind of luck, after I decided I wanted to get a RoFLS.
Since I wanted to keep both RoLS, I started to grind fo a third one. Luckily, it took less than 200 additional kills to get.
So now I'm the proud owner of one RoFLS and 3RoLS. My luck was, I didn't waste too much time on no.3...
Wow! That was super-quick! Wither the fickle fingers of fate..
Gotta hope the mechanisms (hardware+software) for determining random outputs are accurate--tho when it comes to whatever 'genuine' randomness is (QM or some deeper realm), not sure accuracy is all that meaningful other than in a mundane = short-moment (day-2-day practical/useful) sense.
Bottom line: it's quite fun to get a lucky drop of a much-wanted item! :)

Tho gotta say, now that I have a RoLS, I'm wondering if it's generally any better than, say, a Ring of the Protector??
RoLS is better if seeking an Offensive-oriented build (incl a minor boost to Crit), but worse (9 less BC, 3 fewer HP) for a balanced or Defensive build--at least if you already have some Regen (I have +2/round already).
Any thoughts?
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I currently use one RoLS and one RotP.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Ds174

Post by Ds174 »

Tried for rols the first time with 3 levels of mf after 30k kills and no reward I quit playing for 2 years, recently made a new character and was aiming for perfect build, or close to one so didn't waist points on mf, but I just passed 20k kills and with yet again no reward I'm calling BS on this game.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

I got three and they are on 9 different counts. It's all about luck
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Ds174 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:39 pm Tried for rols the first time with 3 levels of mf after 30k kills and no reward I quit playing for 2 years, recently made a new character and was aiming for perfect build, or close to one so didn't waist points on mf, but I just passed 20k kills and with yet again no reward I'm calling BS on this game.
You don't need the ROLS. It is just there for fun and something to do between releases.
By the way there is no such thing as a perfect build.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

I don't even try to get this ring anymore. I had it in my first 2 games, but not in the following ones. It is a really nice item, but I don't think it worth to spend my young life in a cave :?
Of course I hope to get it, while I kill about one or two hundred gargoyle men, but that's it and I move on.
Only thing I do miss is the scene with the ringmaker in Guynmart castle...
Nut
Growler

Post by Growler »

Understand Ds174's frustration. I was pretty lucky the first time..got one after roughly 4k kills, and then very lucky the 2nd time after only ~1500.

Wonder if there's some way to reward those who are super-persistent, but just unlucky?

Could perhaps be granted a RoLS after, say, 5,000 kills (or 10k or such) for sheer persistence by the Shadow Gargoyle Masters. Could be part of a micro-quest or simply spontaneously granted* after x number of Shadow Gargoyle Master &/or Servant kills.

They say, "Please! Just stop killing us already--here's a RoLS..take it and Begone!"
And/or (if part of a quest) you may need to have some item--or items or gold--to give them in return.

*only IF someone had Not gotten one already
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

The drop chance will remain as it is. As Antison said, these items were just added as something to do between releases. I'm currently save scumming for a HoF, but I doubt I will get one. I just do it when I have a few minutes to waste while waiting for something else. If I get one before the next release, great. If not, I'll just move on.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Growler

Post by Growler »

Speaking of HoF, I didn't even know it was a possibility..just lucked up and it dropped.

Re HoF info from first thread post: there's a mistake in the description..maybe an update changed it?
" ..Actor conditions: ..4% Mind fog (gives -20 Attack chance and -20 Block chance) .. "

My item info shows Mind Fog gives -10 AC and -10 BC

If they were both -20, then the 'Actor Condition' would be--on balance--slightly more bad than good, IMO.
Tho could be argued the negative Mind Fog would not quite negate the positive from Clairvoyance..keeping in mind Clairvoyance is more than 3x more likely (15% vs 4%), but Mind Fog lasts slightly longer.
~~~
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Growler wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:46 am Re HoF info from first thread post: there's a mistake in the description..maybe an update changed it?
" ..Actor conditions: ..4% Mind fog (gives -20 Attack chance and -20 Block chance) .. "
I updated the description. Thanks
"A home without a beagle is just a house"