at last some content again!
We have created a beta of our new Andor's Trail release for you, and uploaded it to forum storage.
v0.7.14_beta2 contains the engine changes of the last beta1 as well as a new and dangerous area to explore.
There will be two new quests:
- "Climbing up is forbidden"
After the thieves quests this is another great story from Ømicron, that blends in beautifully with the Blackwater Mountain area. Beware: Beginning with medium difficulty level, the second half is really hard. You should have developed your hero well before daring deep into the depths of the Elm mine...
Start at the foot of the mountains south east of Prim. (The path will be blocked if your hero is considered too weak for the quest)
- "You're the postman"
This low level quest begins with Gorwath near your home. It was originally created by Lille1_opendev2015 more than 6 years ago. Almost forgotten, but fortunately Lord Ilham reminded us.
But there are also important engine changes:
Google has changed the requirements for storage access, so we had to change some basic things in Andor's Trail, otherwise it could not be published on Google Play any more.
The beta must be thoroughly tested - best by many players with various devices. Android 11 users should see some changes, users with lower Adroid versions won't see any difference. Nevertheless please do the tests too.
Please help us and check the following:
- The update imports any existing savegames and copies them to an app specific area. (This might take a while - be patient!)
- After the update, the active game should continue normally.
- The game can be saved
- These saved games can be loaded again and continued. Especially, check the worldmap works.
- Also saved games from older versions can be loaded again and continued. Check the worldmap works.
- New games can be started normally.
- Try a new permadeath game, is it working too?
- Manual backups to PC are more difficult now. You won't get access to the saved games easily from a PC like before. But some file explorers like Total Commander should be able to do so.
In contrast to other beta versions do NOT uninstall Andors-Trail first.
But do make a backup of your whole directory first! (andors-trail, together with the sub-directory "worldmap")
And don't overwrite any savegames you want to use later. A saved game in this beta won't be usable in the production release!
Tell us of your experiences, good and bad.
Can you play the game? Save and load? Backup to PC or anywhere else?
Lastly, the actual translations. Several languages are fully translated:
100% Deutsch (old 81%)
100% Русский язык (old 93%)
99% Español (old 77%)
99% Italiano (old 93%)
99% 日本人 (old 93%)
98% Português Brasil (old 93%)
95% Française (old 93%)
90% Português (unchanged)
81% Polski (old 80%)
68% čeština (old 36%)
45% 中文 (old 32%)
43% Türkçe (old <30%)
35% Magyar (unchanged)
Turkish translations have increased to over 30%, so I added it to the language selection. Special thanks to the Turkish translators!
Now here is the link to the beta: static/AndorsTrail_v0.7.14_beta2.apk
And again: !!!Don't forget to BACKUP your saves + maps before doing anything else!!!