v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Weak poison antidote [SPOILERS]

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Malice
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Weak poison antidote [SPOILERS]

Post by Malice »

Hello!
Currently, Weak poison antidote you can by buying from Samar (lives in Prim village) and find in Vacor's hideout cave (with low chance); and If you fail to choose side (Clouded intent quest), you cannot buy this potion anymore. So please, add possibility to obtain this from monsters!
Ointment of bleeding wounds you can take from Charwood goblins, maybe give them more items?
Kage
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Weak poison antidote [SPOILERS]

Post by Kage »

Malice wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:09 pm Hello!
Currently, Weak poison antidote you can by buying from Samar (lives in Prim village) and find in Vacor's hideout cave (with low chance); and If you fail to choose side (Clouded intent quest), you cannot buy this potion anymore. So please, add possibility to obtain this from monsters!
Ointment of bleeding wounds you can take from Charwood goblins, maybe give them more items?
You can get the opposite of you been looking for from slaying a wyrm trainer/ apprentice :lol:
But that's a nice idea tho
Malice

Post by Malice »

Kage wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:08 am You can get the opposite of you been looking for from slaying a wyrm trainer/ apprentice :lol:
Good day!
I viewed the source code, wyrm_4 (to which belong wyrm_apprentice and wyrm_trainer) can drop:
gold, bones, empty vial, weak poison potion, minor health, elytharan redeemer.
no poison antidote drop (pot_poison_weak isn't pot_poison_weak_antidote).
Please correct me - if I mistaken
Kage
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Kage »

Malice wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:46 am
Kage wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:08 am You can get the opposite of you been looking for from slaying a wyrm trainer/ apprentice :lol:
Good day!
I viewed the source code, wyrm_4 (to which belong wyrm_apprentice and wyrm_trainer) can drop:
gold, bones, empty vial, weak poison potion, minor health, elytharan redeemer.
no poison antidote drop (pot_poison_weak isn't pot_poison_weak_antidote).
Please correct me - if I mistaken
Yeah you're right, there's a sort of way(s) to get rid of most of the poison(s);
Head to Brimhaven and find the jeweler, he might help you. (3 kinds of poison)
Head to fallhaven and find the potion maker.(One kind of poison)
Head to Stoutford and find the potion maker( Sells buff and anti-debuff potions )
Find the wandering adventurer and trade with him( somewhere near to the path to Remgard)
Malice

Post by Malice »

Thanks for tips.
Brimhaven's jeweler - ring of poison immunity (against weak poison, weak irdegh poison, blood poisoning). Uncomfortable in battle (10AP to [un]equip vs 5AP to drink a bottle). But it acts immediately, removes already received poisoning.
Fallhaven's potionmaker - his drug (Taste is everything quest) uses against food-poisoning, but not the weak poison.
Stoutford's potionmaker - unfortunate, he is in prison and his pretty replacement does not make any of antidotes (The Thorns of Vengeance quest).

Adventurer in deadend near the watchtower - sells irglegh poison elixir, which does not work on weak poison (and even additionally poisonous up to 30 rounds).
Adventurer in mountain cave - sells only scaradon extract.

Summary: for me on current time, only ring is suitable. But anyway, thx for tips :)
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Not being able to buy the Weak poison antidote in Prim is a consequence for not siding with them in the "Clouded intent" quest. Allowing you to get it in mass quantities in other places defeats or devalues the benefits/reward for siding with Prim.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Likewise in Stoutford: you have to decide: I'd prefer to help Arifora, but her uncle's potions are much more to my liking - especially Quick-death ...
Hard choice each time I get there.
Nut
eor
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by eor »

Nut wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:14 pm Likewise in Stoutford: you have to decide: I'd prefer to help Arifora, but her uncle's potions are much more to my liking - especially Quick-death ...
Hard choice each time I get there.
Big fan of quick death potion myself, but, like weak poison & rotten meat, I wish I could use them on other NPCs or monsters..

Is there a use I am missing, or is it's only use "character assassination" ?
Embrace the Shadowbunnies :shock: