v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Quicklearner suggestion

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Quicklearner suggestion

Post by draze »

greyged wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:00 am I see.
so QL should be something like this as you said before:
QL 1 +10%
QL 2 +20%
QL 3 +33%
?

And what about adding a sepperate skill called "Adapting technique"?
that would be especially helpful for longer battles and tanks

AT 1/2
5x (+3 ac ,+3 bc and +5% crit) to a max of
+15ac +15bc +25%crit after 5 rounds until next battle
AT 2/2
5x (+6ac, +6bc and +10% crit) to a max of
+30ac +30bc +50%crit after 5 rounds...

1-3
+1 +1 +3% (30% Chance for a stack) at lvl 10
+3 +3 +6% (50% Chance for a stack) at lvl 20
+5 +5 +10% (50% Chance for a stack) at lvl 30

or even this
1/3
+5ac/round (50% Chance for a stack) needs WeaponAcc 1
2/3 previous and
+5bc/round (50% Chance for a stack) needs Dodge 1
3/3 previous and
+10% crit/round (30% Chance for a stack) needs More crits 1

all stackable 5 times to a max of +25/+25/+50%

the best about this skill would be its name: AT 😜
The "%chance for a stack" is quiet high :shock: compared to others. Maybe nerf it?
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
greyged
android_version: 4.0

Post by greyged »

draze wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:52 am Are you suggesting to create a new skill namely "Support skill" or something like "Adapting Technique"?
well, yes, after rijacksons answer it would sound like a nice idea for a new skill. or not?
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by draze »

greyged wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:09 am
draze wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:52 am Are you suggesting to create a new skill namely "Support skill" or something like "Adapting Technique"?
well, yes, after rijacksons answer it would sound like a nice idea for a new skill. or not?
Like I said, "an impressive idea".
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
greyged
android_version: 4.0

Post by greyged »

draze wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:07 am The "%chance for a stack" is quiet high :shock: compared to others. Maybe nerf it?
Nothing is fix, its only an idea. but thinking about that it needs time to build up it CAN be maxed after 5 rounds (not hits) or it can be on stack 0 or 1 or whatever after 100 rounds
Lich King
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Lich King »

Quick learner is one of the completely useless skills. It sould either be removed altogether, or buffed up very significantly to make it worth the spent skill point. But better removed becouse if it was buffed up enough to make it worth it, then it would break the game. It would need at least 25% XP bonus, but more like 50%. At 25% it would give one extra level in every 4 levels, and you'd get back your spent skill point after 16 levels. And would gain an extra point after 32 levels. With 50% that rate would double, so one extra level in every 2 levels, get back your spent point after 8 levels and gain the first extra after 16 levels. This is what could probably worth it, but it would totally break the game. And with the current 5% it never returns the investment. So better just remove it.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Just because you've decided that for you that a skill is useless, doesn't mean we should get rid of it. It's not like we have a finite amount of skills that we can have and need to remove one in order to add another.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho

Post by Osho »

Lich King wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:49 am Quick learner is one of the completely useless skills. It sould either be removed altogether, or buffed up very significantly to make it worth the spent skill point.
Happy to see someone speaking out

It should continue as a sklli but the return must be made worthy of the points invested.

It's absolutely low right now.

Need to buffed up at least by 25 to 50%.

Hope the developers will look into the shortcoming
Lich King

Post by Lich King »

Antison wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:53 pm Just because you've decided that for you that a skill is useless, doesn't mean we should get rid of it. It's not like we have a finite amount of skills that we can have and need to remove one in order to add another.
I think having such skills that no one in their right mind should get only complicates the game unecesserily, making it harder for a newbie to learn it: one more skill to read and contemplate it's usefulness. And later on one more slot to skip trough every time. That's why I keep suggesting to remove a bunch of them, it would make the game more simple.
Osho wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:56 pm Happy to see someone speaking out
It should continue as a sklli but the return must be made worthy of the points invested.
It's absolutely low right now.
Need to buffed up at least by 25 to 50%.
Hope the developers will look into the shortcoming
Thank you for supporting me, but I'd rather got rid of it than have it buffed. Becouse I'm afraid it would brake the game with too high return. You'd probably end up overskilled for many areas, they wouldn't give any challenge. Even now it happens sometimes, that's one weakness of the game: there is not a suggested path you should go trough your main quest, instead you have lots and lots of unrelated sidequests and there are many areas with similar skill requirements, wich means that after doing one, you will be overskilled for the other.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Lich, I disagree with you. Choices matter. People like them. Again, it will not be deleted. For no other reason than it would break existing saves. We will not do that to people. Bottom line, people use it and it is useful
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho

Post by Osho »

Lich King wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:41 pm Thank you for supporting me, but I'd rather got rid of it than have it buffed. Becouse I'm afraid it would brake the game with too high return.
Skills are a very precious thing. It takes 4 levels to earn a point, and becomes a difficult thing to earn as you level up. So, I don't think the skill will become too overpowering if it is buffed up, and removing it will make the only viable option to reduce the pain of grinding at higher levels impossible to have.

This is a very good skill but at the current rate it is very poorly paced to make it worth spending the points. It needs to have a strong multiplier effect for every point. Doesn't break down anything as the choice is yours on how much you desire to take advantage from the effect on the pace at which grinding becomes less painful at higher levels.

Here's a suggestion;

Why not split quicklearner benefits to the XP associated with types of monsters?

Higher XP monsters, say 500+ should provide the highest, and faster multiplier effect per point invested in the skill

Medium XP monsters, say 300 to 500 should provide a 10% or less multiplier effect than the above

Lower than 300 XP should continue with the current rate at which the multiplier works as is. No changes.

This will ensure that the skill isn't too overpowering given the risks involved in battling these monsters also increases for the player with each threshold