v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Music links/feedback (Formerly "Adding music? From a noob")

Discussions of the development process of the game.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Music links/feedback (Formerly "Adding music? From a noob")

Post by rijackson741 »

Yes, good point about only playing in startup.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Musibox-the-1st
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Musibox-the-1st »

Here's my current idea of the main theme haha. I haven't put a whole lot of effort into specific instruments as I am still unsure of file size and/or what "music application" would work best for the app, and what file type she would still need.

Cheers till next song X^/ oof
https://youtu.be/-BVx2-2Hz3g
Brussel

Re: Adding music? From a noob

Post by Brussel »

Antison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:53 am I completely against the addition of music and sound affects for every game I play on Android for a multitude of reasons.
  • I often play in situations where the sounds would disturb others around me
  • It drains the battery
  • I hate having to go into the settings to shut it off.
  • If you want music, there are apps for that

1. These are rare situations, at least for me, and when I'm in a bus (for example) i turn off the audio of my phone.
2. I'm ok with this, isn't like the drain of battery would be sooo big. I play others games with OST and I'm fine with battery drain
3. This option to turn on/ off could be easier. That's what happen in other games, or when isn't i just turn off the audio of my own phone
4. Nahhh, i don't want open Spotify, search "soundtrack for medieval games" and search for a good playlist
Brussel

Post by Brussel »

Antison wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:32 pm Frustrated. At the thieves. At Feygard to a lesser extent.
I totally agree
Brussel

Post by Brussel »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:53 am I would like to reiterate what Nut said about the title screen. We could implement music for that even if it's the only music in the game. We would need something that gives a sense of journey and adventure. Long enough that it would not loop within the typical length of time a player stays on the title screen before starting the game.
I guess you all have two options
1. Slowly Add this songs in the game
2. Or release it once but taking a lot of time to release

I'm not staff or musician, but if i could plan this I would say to the musician work with the whole OST (focusing on background songs) while the devs solve stuff that they believe be priority (that issue on google, new quests, bugs, etc).
So the devs will add the OST in.. idk the end of 2022? Mid of 2023?

And the most important: DOWNLOAD OPTIONAL
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

My biggest concern with music is that the person that creates it leaves the project. After all, there are no original members of the dev team left. Translators come and go. We have had a few pixel artists step in and leave. The same for Java programmers. So what then? If we create a new part of the game where we do not have suitable music, we have a big problem. That's why I suggested just the title screen. That is something we could add, and when it's done, it's done. We just need the right music.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1