v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Advice please

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: Advice please

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

All for the shadow.
I may make a dark shadow follower. That uses the dark helmet and all next
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Nut wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:01 pm Come to the shadowy side - we have cookies!
And certain rings :mrgreen:
Yes but on my side we have the best armor. Does anyone want a Shadowstalker? How about the Dark Protector? Maybe you want the Worn Plate Gloves? Maybe you are noble and honor and respect leadership?
The Shadow, what's it ever done for you besides making you grind months for a ring?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I doubt a Feygard supporter would use the Dark Protector. And they sure wouldn't use the Dagger of the shadow priests.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Antison

Post by Antison »

Why not? The DP is an item the Shadow wants destroyed.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Yes, but that does not mean Feygard would support its use. The DP is a Kazaul artefact.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

My point was that there should be a group that could show up and a) prevent the light-up-their-holes Feygard troops from stealing your Bonemeal potions... (What are they doing with those potions anyway?) so that the money you spent on those potions isn't wasted.
b) get your stolen potions back for you. In theory it stands to reason paying a service fee makes sense. But in practice a service fee comes across as a game developer's excuse to make you spend more of your character's money for zero reward.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Antison

Post by Antison »

the Bonemeal Patrol is there to deter you from using bonemeal and breaking the law. The game is a little swayed towards the Shadow. This is an attempt try and level the playing field. It has nothing to do with us trying to make you spend more gold. It is about consequences for your decisions and action just like everything else in the game. If you guys don't like being robbed of your bonemeal, either don't use it or strategically scatter it around the world so when you encounter the patrol they won't be stealing your entire stash. You guys have plenty of other opportunities to kill the soldiers, you don't need another one.
I want to add a quest where you can start killing some of the Shadow worshipers. Right now you can only do that in about 2 maybe 3 places. Meanwhile you can kill a Feygard soldier in many places.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Antison wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:27 pm the Bonemeal Patrol is there to deter you from using bonemeal and breaking the law. The game is a little swayed towards the Shadow. This is an attempt try and level the playing field. It has nothing to do with us trying to make you spend more gold. In the same thing about consequences for your decisions and action just like everything else in the game. If you guys don't like being robbed of your bonemeal, either don't use it or strategically scatter it around the world so when you encounter the patrol they won't be stealing your entire stash. You guys have plenty of other opportunities to kill the soldiers, you don't need another one.
I want to add a quest where you can start killing some of the Shadow worshipers. Right now you can only do that in about 2 maybe 3 places. Meanwhile you can kill a Feygard soldier in many places.
Normally I'd disagree with you

But playing both ways I have to agree with you.
Hopefully there will be more cities were the shadow people could be hunted down.
Why not do it like lotr where you could kill anyone? Well there ad bc and ac would be extremely high.
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Kage

Post by Kage »

Lady Drager wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:35 pm My point was that there should be a group that could show up and a) prevent the light-up-their-holes Feygard troops from stealing your Bonemeal potions... (What are they doing with those potions anyway?) so that the money you spent on those potions isn't wasted.
b) get your stolen potions back for you. In theory it stands to reason paying a service fee makes sense. But in practice a service fee comes across as a game developer's excuse to make you spend more of your character's money for zero reward.
Simple....
"MONOPOLY"
:lol:
PinkPokemon69
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by PinkPokemon69 »

Lady Drager wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:43 pm
Antison wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:53 am Then you will never get into Feygard :twisted: as your Feygard faction score would drop so low.
Bah! Who wants to get into Feygard? Nor City baby! That's where the action is! Long live the Shadow!!

(Anti, you know I love ya! ;) )
Wait, i just realised....when faction sh*t happens...would they confiscate my RoLS as well!?!?!

I mean, it literally says RING OF LESSER SHADOW ...

I never thought of that before... bonemeal is fine ...i normally save whenever I visit Remgard now a days BUT hopefully they don't start 'confiscating' stuff which they should not get their hands on.

Or I'll be the one breaking their hands
Feygard rep be damned
L = 74
HP = 279
AP = 4/12
AC = 262%
AD = 68-91
CHS = 31
CM = 2.0
ECC = 19%
BC = 112
DR = 7