v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

This is a request for the monster loot notification...

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Grawmpy
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

This is a request for the monster loot notification...

Post by Grawmpy »

Right now you have varying parts of four basic themes for the monster loot notification: Dialogue box, a couple based on a blending of the dialogue box and the short notification, a short notification and no notification. I personally prefer the short notifications for no other reason but expediency than anything else.

My request for you would be to consider one more option to the list, an itemized short notification.

Right now the short notification goes something like: "You have picked up 35 gold and 3 items."
What I would request you consider is, rather than just saying "3 items" were found, could you consider making it something like: "You have picked up 35 gold, 2 glass jewels and 1 small stone." It gives more information without being intrusive on game play.

For me, the dialogue box is getting in the way by having so much clicking to do for just a simple pickup (sometimes missing it altogether). I hate that when I kill a monster in order for me to see what kind of loot I actually picked up my only options are to turn on the dialogue box or go back and forth into the inventory to see what was picked up. This all cuts into the time I could be killing little monster rabid puppies. With this notification there would only be a precise, straight to the point, direct information sent to the player, who at a glance knows exactly what happened and what he has picked up without having to go return into the inventory each time or using the dialogue box for a full notification.

Thank you for a great game!!
Name: Grawmpy
Level: 42, Total XP: 1317231, XP: 7076 HP: 110, AD: 41-56, AP: 4, ECC: 31%, CM: 4.5, BC: 100, DR: 4 Gold: 365320 | RoLS: 2, RoL: 1 :evil:
PinkPokemon69
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: This is a request for the monster loot notification...

Post by PinkPokemon69 »

Instead of going into the inventory to check what loot you've gotten, you can also check out the combat logs. It lists all the loot you've gotten from the past few mobs along with the combat info.
That's what I do (since i find the dialogue box intrusive aswell)
L = 74
HP = 279
AP = 4/12
AC = 262%
AD = 68-91
CHS = 31
CM = 2.0
ECC = 19%
BC = 112
DR = 7

WA L1, HH L1, CS L2, QL L2, CE L3, IF L5, O-HSP L1, SP L2, LAP L1
Fighting style: WaS L2
Specialization: WaS L1

Shadow Regen

ShaF: 1, RoLS: 2, RoFLS: 1, VD: 4
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: This is a request for the monster loot notification...

Post by draze »

PinkPokemon69 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:52 am Instead of going into the inventory to check what loot you've gotten, you can also check out the combat logs. It lists all the loot you've gotten from the past few mobs along with the combat info.
That's what I do (since i find the dialogue box intrusive aswell)
Agree. The dialogue box is indispensable not only for "combat dialogue" but also for "loot dialogue".
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.