v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail v0.7.15 released!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Andor's Trail v0.7.15 released!

Post by Nut »

Best take 04fbbac7. This is the latest official version, and also the last version before we do some compression steps to minimize apk size.
Nut
si2mev
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by si2mev »

I try to get my savegame back in my new phone (oneplus 7t from oneplus 6t, both Android 11).
I played a game with the character named Joop.
Well this Joop is very persistent. I removed AT and its data, reinstalled, but Joop is still there.

How can I get rid of Joop?

Next step will be to import my old savegame and maps. ;)
lvl 59 and growing.
Life taker, JoF, Defenders helmet, Superior Iron Shield, Serpent's Hauberk, Villains ring, RotP, Boots of the globetrotter, Heavy plated gloves or enchanted Regard gloves
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by draze »

The only way to remove or "get rid" of any savegame file (with its own unique character name) is simply go to "My Files/Device storage/andors-trail". Now once you tap "andors-trail" folder, you can now see your savegame file/s (i.e savegame1, savegame2, and so on). You must determine of which save slot "Joop" is. If Joop is saved on slot1, then delete "savegame1". Else, if Joop is saved on slot2, then delete "savegame2"...and so on.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
Nut

Post by Nut »

You also could delete a savegame without any external tool, but just with Andor"s Trail:
Create a new _permadeath_ hero and save it to the unwanted slot. Load it again, and then _without saving_ load another savegame.
Nut
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Nut wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:15 pm You also could delete a savegame without any external tool, but just with Andor"s Trail:
Create a new _permadeath_ hero and save it to the unwanted slot. Load it again, and then _without saving_ load another savegame.
But with the new version you need to go into data and find it. And only a file manager can see and edit that
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by draze »

This conversation reminds me of a very funny moment between a computer technician and a random innocent customer. But ours have own version:

AT Team: "Ok tap on My Files."
Random member: "I can't see your files."
AT Team: "No no tap on My Files on your phone."
Random member: "How can I tap on your phone from my phone?"
AT Team: "There is an icon labelled 'My Files' on your phone, tap it."
Random member: "What the?! What is your files doing on my phone?"
AT Team: "Tap on your phone."
Random member: "Which icon do I have to tap?"
AT Team: "My Files!"
Random member: "Tell me where do you live, I go to your house to tap on your phone."
AT Team: "What the?!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Haha
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Valdemar
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Valdemar »

Regarding, China, they can just install F-Droid, right? Why would anybody need to publish anything in proprietary Chinese repos, unless they want to distribute paid apps?

It is unfortunate Andor's trail 0.7.15 isn't available from F-droid yet though. And I don't quite understand why? I mean you build from same repos as f-droid does right?
Nut

Post by Nut »

We build from the same repo (in fact we add a compression step which isn't published, but that's not the point here).
But we build the APK with an old Android Studio version, because the engine has some old programming that isn't supported by newer AS versions any more.
We don't have the capacities to actualize the engine at the moment.
F-Droid uses a more modern way to build (which is of course right from their point of view), and so can't compile our version any more.

But thx for the info, that F-Droid can be used in China, that's another reason for us to find time and capacities to modernize our engine.
Nut
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Waiting for the next beta release with improved BC (at least +30) being applied to the player at the start