v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Transfer save game

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Leaffan70
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Transfer save game

Post by Leaffan70 »

Hello all, I had played the game for years I'm level 171, but took a break. I have the game and save game on my phone (Samsung Note 9). The game loads great on my phone. I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ and would like to transfer my game. I installed the game and transferred the world map files and save game but it is not finding/recognizing it. It is in a folder 'Andors Trail' on the internal storage but when I start the game it will only start a new game. Please help! I'd love top play on the recent updates you have all made.
Thank you in advance,
Ed
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Transfer save game

Post by draze »

That's interesting. We cannot load our savegames if:
(1) their names are not "savegame1", "savegame2", "savegame3", "savegame4", "savegame5", "savegame6", and "savegame7" respectively.
(2) they are not inside of "andors-trail" folder

AND the only main reason why the "load button is greyed out" because the game itself cannot detect your savegame files because of the reason/s stated above.

(3) Sometimes, migrating old savegame files will result into such mysterious problem like that. So your issue was just the same as Wintermute101' issue.
So kindly read this thread: Load button still greyed out even with correct names in proper directory
Hope it helps you as well.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
Leaffan70
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: Transfer save game

Post by Leaffan70 »

Thank you so much! Worked like like a charm! I really appreciate that!!!