v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Contributing to Andor's Trail - Contribution Guide

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Schnatterfleck
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Re: Contributing to Andor's Trail - Contribution Guide

Post by Schnatterfleck »

Einsame Hirte wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:40 am Got a boatload of compiler warnings (all or mainly about deprecated features), and it kept dying during linking (or whatever its called in java). Solved that by downgrading the build tools to 25.0.3 as suggested at in this Stack Overflow article
This seems to be an essential step. I also had similar problems with recent build tool versions (tried several older versions but apparently not old enough...)
The build kept complaining about some "dx.jar" that could not be found.

Downgrading the build tools to 25.0.3 as described solved the problem.

And now my own personal build version of Andors Trail is happily running in the emulator! :D
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Cool, you have mastered the most difficult thing 8-)
Nut
alphax

Post by alphax »

Hi, all the important links of the first post under "Introduction" like

- the world of Andor's Trail
- the already rejected ideas
- developer section of the Andor's Trail wiki

are dead. Where can I find this information now?

EDIT: found it, the wiki has moved. Could someone then please update the links in the first post please?
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Hello alphax, and welcome to the forums. It's good to see your interest in the game development.

The wiki has useful information in it, but it's very out of date. We do need to update the first post, but it's not quite as simple as fixing a few broken links.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Schnatterfleck

Post by Schnatterfleck »

Coming here to praise the updated app build.

After a longer absence I noticed that there seemed to be a lot of new content, so I was eager to try it out.
As I am using a patched version of the game (basically to make the grind a little bit more convenient while still maintaining the fun - just my personal preference) I needed to get the from-source app build running on my machine.

As I noticed that there had been significant changes to the build scripts, I decided to just throw the latest version of Android Studio at it and see what would happen.
What should I say - It just worked!

It overall took me only about an hour (starting from a blank Linux system) to install Android Studio, clone the sources, get Andor's Trail running in the emulator, apply my patches and get a release .apk running on my phone.
This included 20 minutes searching for non-existing apk-issues that actually where caused by the file located in the wrong place (no install from external SD-card meets unified android file manager view - I hate that btw!).

So all worked smoothly right out of the box.
Looks like a really great build refactoring, many thanks to the devs that have been involved!

And now I have to go - slay some rats and find my brother ;-)