v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Fun RPG Games to play between AT releases

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Fun RPG Games to play between AT releases

Post by rijackson741 »

I played Dungeons of Moria on a Unix computer. No way to cheat, the file system is too secure for that. Permadeath was true permadeath.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

rijackson741 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:21 am I played Dungeons of Moria on a Unix computer. No way to cheat, the file system is too secure for that. Permadeath was true permadeath.
I tried Dungeons of Moria after you mentioned it (links several comments back) and it was very challenging!
I died several times before putting it to the side, but if I'd tried it many years back (when there were so few if any alternatives) I would've been hooked! May still go back and give it another whirl..
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

I tried Exodus again some time ago, but only gave it a few minutes. Graphic and handling was so low level, that I put it away again - and let it live in my memory as the great game in my student days.
Nut
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

My go to's for retro RPG's are Dungeon Magic and the Dragon Warrior (Quest) series. Both were made for NES. I have the emulators on my laptop. I wish I had the skills to hack them to make a few improvements.

For Dragon Warrior games, I'd improve things like inventory capacity and options, search command, and add in descriptions for the items in your inventory.

For Dungeon Magic I'd improve the spellbook so you can save your spells to it and it will provide details like damage, cost, element type, etc. I would also add better descriptions to the shop wares too. Oh and some additional random dialog for the NPC's. Tired of the same few comments. :lol:
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Growler

Post by Growler »

Sounds cool..both the games & your wish-list of improvements!
Inventory limits are so frustrating..another reason to greatly appreciate AT! -tho I may have gone overboard with enough inventory to weigh down 500 pack-mules :O

Have often thought that game-makers could benefit from offering little booklets (downloadable pdf's and/or printed) that included add'l info re items, spells, monster stats, etc..tho def good to include in-game as well, if based partly on having some identify skill..and/or paying extra to glean more detailed stats.

So would you make random dialogs Really random..as in, non-sensible? ;) -could use a random word/phrase generator :)
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Actually Growler, the Dragon Warrior games came with a poster sized insert that showed the HP Gold and XP provided by each and every monster in the game as well as details on all the items in the game. Though I don't recall whether it mentioned where the items could be obtained. Also I think, but I'm unsure, there was a world map on the other side. It was a long time ago since I had an actual NES.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Lady Drager wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:31 pm Actually Growler, the Dragon Warrior games came with a poster sized insert that showed the HP Gold and XP provided by each and every monster in the game as well as details on all the items in the game. Though I don't recall whether it mentioned where the items could be obtained. Also I think, but I'm unsure, there was a world map on the other side. It was a long time ago since I had an actual NES.
Oh, yes, The dragon warrior games did come with a world map poster.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Growler

Post by Growler »

Nice to include!
I've still got the cloth world maps that came with a couple of the early Ultima games (II & III).

And hey, for a non-packaged game, could provide specs on monsters after encountering/killing x number of them, representing a sort of natural experience & understanding..but potentially boosted according to one's class &/or stats.
(A bit like how auto-maps work..your experiences naturally result in extra map-info)
~~~
TheGx
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by TheGx »

Lam al Adie wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:35 am
Growler wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:22 am
Lam al Adie wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:11 am Nethack anyone?
😀
Never played it but heard it was great fun :)
Speaking of rogue-like games i think that's the most sophisticated one you'll ever get the chance to play.

And it's hard. No way to escape permadeath but cheating.
The only person known to me to have legally found the amulet of yendor is Sid Dabster. (Who else might know and remember Sid...?)

Who's Sid Dabster...?
Lvl:80 XP:9281639 AP:14 HP:110 AC:329 AD:69-92 CHS:25 CM:0.0 ECC:0% BC:127 DR:3
WA:2 HH:2 DG:2 MC:1 CS:2 IF:1 RG:1 2HW:5 DW:3 W&S:1 LA:2
RoLS:1 ElyR:1 RoL:1 HoF:1 ChaR:1 GoLF:1 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:3 WMC:1 GoW:1 BD:1 HS:1 WoB:1
Lam al Adie
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Lam al Adie »

He's legend for the olden members of the userfeiendly.org community…
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lvl:68 XP: 5728519 AP: 12/3 HP: 204 AC: 228 AD: 43-55 BC: 164 DR: 7
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 4 CS: 2 IF: 4 Ev: 2 Reg: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:S: 1 FS:WS: 2 S:WS: 1
ROLS: 1 GoLF: 1