v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Stunned not working !?!

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Stunned not working !?!

Post by Osho »

v 8.1

The stunned effect on the monster does not seem to work.
It continues to attack as per original attack cost and Max AP despite the change reflected in the stats.

I am using lifetaker. The effect comes from the sword.

Example: see screenshots

Note the attack cost after getting stunned. It is 9/12

But the monster makes 3 attacks instead of 1 in the next turn

Check the last 3 entries of the monster log screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Osho

Re: Stunned not working !?!

Post by Osho »

Hello

I request the developers to please respond on this issue which is causing confusion over the effect is working on the monsters or not?

Here's another example in the Screenshots

The monster stat shows 4/10 attack per turn which changes to 9/8 after getting stunned.

This means it should not be possible to attack in the immediate turn but the combat log clearly shows the attacks happened twice as if the monster ignores the stunned effect

To give background of my stats; I have 3/12 AP attack per turn. In the screenshot I press "end turn" the moment monster was stunned to record the immediate response
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Even when there is no reply you can be pretty sure we have seen the post; especially about a potential bug.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

This has come up before. When an effect is for one round, what does that mean? The remainder of the existing round, or the remainder of the existing round and the next round? I forget the answer though.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Osho

Post by Osho »

If its the former <existing round> then the player should still benefit from the effect if it immediately ends turn after triggering stun on the monster to pass on the effect before the next round begins. Even that's not happening in my last screenshot shared as an example.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

IMO, all actor conditions should last for a minimum of 2 rounds to avoid this issue.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho

Post by Osho »

I had also suggested the same long back. 1 round is plain useless. It is anti-player since monsters not only have a higher %chance but also last more rounds in comparison.

Also, I would like to know whether ending a turn right after the actor condition is active on the monster should allow a player to benefit from it next round or not?

Right now, manual intervention through "end turn" the moment condition has started doesn't seem to have any effect in the combat to utilise it's gain in the same round. This is clearly a flawed design!