v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

little advice

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
ZSXLXY999
android_version: 12 - Android 12

little advice

Post by ZSXLXY999 »

Some extraordinary and legendary items feel a little poor. The legendary item "Elytharan redeemer", as a two-handed sword, has no off-hand, and the mental condition increases the hit rate by 5%, which adds up to 30% hit rate, low damage, and only 5% increase in block rate, which only reaches the lever of some common items. The added two-point AP upper limit, if you think about it carefully, its value is not great. The extraordinary item "shadowfang" has a 20% chance of causing Negative effects when it hits the target, the conditions of its other positive effects are also just general , And also lowers max HP by 20. Extraordinary item "wolfpacks's animal hide", this item reduces the hit rate by 15%, only increases the block rate by 2%, and increases damage resistence by 1 point. These three items did not reach the rank it should have. Of course, I'm only mentioning three of these items, and also have other equipment , Although it belongs to extraordinary equipment, it is a bit poor.Are these items considered to be enhanced?
ZSXLXY999

Re: little advice

Post by ZSXLXY999 »

Have a sentence miswritten, the extraordinary item "shadowfang" has a 20% chance to have Negative effects on oneself each time it hits the target.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Extraordinary and legendary items are just rare, or very rare. They are not necessarily good.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
ZSXLXY999

Post by ZSXLXY999 »

rijackson741 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:58 pm Extraordinary and legendary items are just rare, or very rare. They are not necessarily good.
All right,What you said also makes sense.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

I agree. Even if it's extra there's no harm in changing their stats to encourage players in collecting them. Though only some weapons are underwhelming and which needs right numbers to make them feel like the time was worth in grinding for them.
Lam al Adie
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Lam al Adie »

I'm getting old...
I was just thinking of „magic the gathering“ or even older and worse the collectible images of all the players in a championship series that you could put into an album.
Some children were happy to complete their favoured team, others wanted to have the whole deck.

Which makes me think...
Would it be possible to create a special room ( in crackshots hideout? ), which is kind of a trophy wall where one can put down the collected items?
I figure that would require a lot of programming. In my imagination that room would look a bit like my inventory, but would only fit extraordinary or rare items and label them additionally with a timestamp where and when I got them (my lvl, HP and exp at the time).
Last edited by Antison on Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts. Please avoid posting back-to-back
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lvl:68 XP: 5728519 AP: 12/3 HP: 204 AC: 228 AD: 43-55 BC: 164 DR: 7
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 4 CS: 2 IF: 4 Ev: 2 Reg: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:S: 1 FS:WS: 2 S:WS: 1
ROLS: 1 GoLF: 1
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

It was realized early in the game development that some players love grinding and some players hate grinding. The legendary and extraordinary drops were created to give the grinders something to do while the early developers were rushing to extend the limited range of areas back in the day, while the value of the drops were kept mostly middling to avoid making the nongrinders feel left behind by the game unless they chose to suffer.

I'm not a grinder by nature, and I think in all these years I've only bothered to get RoLS once or twice, because it's nicer than RotP but not that much nicer to be worth doing something that bores me. Sure, Shadow Regen is cool, but how often does 1 hp per round really save your life in a fight?

So while the best of them can be good, or even built around (e.g. RoL), none of them are particularly necessary. Admittedly, making more of them good could be done without making any of them necessary, but it's really not the point of them being there, and it doesn't really make the game "better", it just makes it easier for grinders to get overpowered. If you look up the stats of a particular L/E and it doesn't seem worth the grind for you - your style, your build, or your available time for playing AT, then just don't grind for that one.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6