v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Number of quests and places

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Number of quests and places

Post by rijackson741 »

ZSXLXY999 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:27 pm
rijackson741 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:55 pm I'm not going to disclose the word, but it's something obvious.
I opened it, but what I want to say is that the Chinese use the Chinese version, and using the Chinese version I see the Chinese name "博格斯藤" of "Bogsten", according to this Chinese name, naturally I would not think of "Bogsten" ", I suddenly wondered if it might be this person's English name, and I only saw it after switching to the English version. If it's in English, it's easy to think of. Let's just say that this person's Chinese name is "博格斯藤", and there are two other people lying on the tombstone with "博格斯藤" in their names, and the woman's name also has "博格斯藤", then this Is "博格斯藤" a surname or a given name? This is another distracting factor.So using the Chinese version, this magic word is not obvious, I hope you understand.
Yes. But unfortunately the logic is complex enough that translating it to other languages would be a very big task, and every language would have its own code. That is not viable.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
ZSXLXY999
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by ZSXLXY999 »

rijackson741 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:05 pm
ZSXLXY999 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:27 pm
rijackson741 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:55 pm I'm not going to disclose the word, but it's something obvious.
I opened it, but what I want to say is that the Chinese use the Chinese version, and using the Chinese version I see the Chinese name "博格斯藤" of "Bogsten", according to this Chinese name, naturally I would not think of "Bogsten" ", I suddenly wondered if it might be this person's English name, and I only saw it after switching to the English version. If it's in English, it's easy to think of. Let's just say that this person's Chinese name is "博格斯藤", and there are two other people lying on the tombstone with "博格斯藤" in their names, and the woman's name also has "博格斯藤", then this Is "博格斯藤" a surname or a given name? This is another distracting factor.So using the Chinese version, this magic word is not obvious, I hope you understand.
Yes. But unfortunately the logic is complex enough that translating it to other languages would be a very big task, and every language would have its own code. That is not viable.
You have worked hard, I am also a game developer, and I feel the same way. If you need to translate in Chinese, you can tell me. If you want to translate in Thai, I can also help because I understand Thai.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Translations can be done on weblate. See here: https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/and ... #languages. Chinese simplified is mostly done. But translating the password to the tomb is more complex. It is not just a simple string. It is a somewhat complex logic tree in the code:
bogsten.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
ZSXLXY999
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by ZSXLXY999 »

The maximum number of tasks I can complete is 678.Because the quests are all over, I don't know which thief quest the thief quest is referring to,also, there are more or less two places because of the different things done to thieves, where are these two places?
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

They are just a couple of rooms in a hut. They don't really matter for anything, other than one ending to one of the thieves quests (without checking, I'm not even sure which one).
blueblack_star
android_version: 5.0

Post by blueblack_star »

Just a suggestion from me.
Can we add a list of the quest like adding some sort of bottom/function to sorter which is the latest or newest quest that we have already/progres to finished it?

Cause in the menu quest we only can see completed, actived, and all quests.

And honestly after waiting for some update, I forgot the last quest that I already played. And have to checking in the forum the list of the quests every update quest of the release version.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

blueblack_star wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:19 pm Just a suggestion from me.
Can we add a list of the quest like adding some sort of bottom/function to sorter which is the latest or newest quest that we have already/progres to finished it?

And honestly after waiting for some update, I forgot the last quest that I already played. And have to checking in the forum the list of the quests every update quest of the release version.
The list of completed quests are in chronological order by the time you completed them. So the last one on the list is the last one you've completed.
Even the active quest list is sorted in this same manner.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

I think the Active list is in the order you started them. No way to get the latest you made progress on, among the still active ones - that would take extra tracking added to the code.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
blueblack_star

Post by blueblack_star »

Antison wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:24 pm
blueblack_star wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:19 pm Just a suggestion from me.

The list of completed quests are in chronological order by the time you completed them. So the last one on the list is the last one you've completed.
Even the active quest list is sorted in this same manner.
Ok, thank you for the explanation.
And thanks too for the new quest :D
blueblack_star

Post by blueblack_star »

Tomcat wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:32 pm I think the Active list is in the order you started them. No way to get the latest you made progress on, among the still active ones - that would take extra tracking added to the code.
I get it, thank you for your explanation :)