v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail v0.8.3 released!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: Andor's Trail v0.8.3 released!

Post by Growler »

Really enjoyed the new release! And appreciate how quickly it followed the prior release/content.

Interesting & fun new monsters, maps and items!
Only minor issue--and one of my own making--is I too quickly found & pounded the Big Bad..without realizing it was the Big Bad (of the new content), so I ended up continuing exploring & searching for some time until realized it..happened to check last entry in my quest log and it said, essentially, your work here is Done! Report back to such & such. :o :oops:

Any chance the groovy-cool new import/export feature will be expanded to older phones..perhaps v8.1 ? 8-)
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Import/export should only be necessary for the latest Android versions (11 and higher). Google forced us to move the savegames to a new folder that is not easy to access. Hence the import/export functions. For Android 8.1 you can just copy the savegames (and the worldmap folder!) using a basic file manager of by connecting to a PC.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

rijackson741 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:21 am Import/export should only be necessary for the latest Android versions (11 and higher). Google forced us to move the savegames to a new folder that is not easy to access. Hence the import/export functions. For Android 8.1 you can just copy the savegames (and the worldmap folder!) using a basic file manager of by connecting to a PC.
Ah, thanks for explanation. Helpful to know it's easy to manage..waay past time to plug phone into PC!
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Will andors fans receive a christmas gift this year?
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:50 am Will andors fans receive a christmas gift this year?
You've already had 2.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Yes. But because Santa does not exist in AT it will be delivered very late.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Lam al Adie
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Lam al Adie »

Wouldn't that be a perfect easteregg for AT:

Santa appears in Mikhails house ONLY on Christmas Eve and gives you a small quest or present...

Nothing special(?), just some quality-time with your loved ones.
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lvl:68 XP: 5728519 AP: 12/3 HP: 204 AC: 228 AD: 43-55 BC: 164 DR: 7
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 4 CS: 2 IF: 4 Ev: 2 Reg: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:S: 1 FS:WS: 2 S:WS: 1
ROLS: 1 GoLF: 1
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Might be nice, yes, but certainly not this year. We would have to add a function to use the actual date to the engine.
Nut
HellereSonnen

Updates 0.8.1-0.8.3, Snakes drop meat.

Post by HellereSonnen »

What wonderfull updates, thank you dev team! Great new functionalities with the import export and seperate beta apk option, that is saving some hassle when testing betas.

Sullengard region has a beautiful design and missions. It is also a very good exp farming ground, tought i still avoid the snake mobs critical instant kills sudden deaths. The ant mobs are extremely forthcoming by flocking in to be slain for easy exp. I wonder where they come from, must be some nest nearby and some ant queen... could be a great mission with hundreds, no, thousands of ants swarming in from some ant hill home, with long winding tunnels leading to the ant queen.

Also, after finding the white cat, I wonder when its owner will pick it up.

I agree on some previous comments about the zombie forest that the zombie boss and his minions could be harder to beat. Compared to the zombie king in the graveyard it was a too easy opponent.
What occupied my mind for quite a while was the lava entity diamond ring drop in the 0.8.1 version. It seemed back then a bit of a glitch to be exploited for gold. Also along this someone commented that monsters should drop more usefull items, that argument was countered with the hillariously on-point epic answer "Snakes drop meat.". Diamonds actually are beeing flushed to surface by volcanoes, so the assumption that a lava entities drop diamonds - well, diamond rings in this case - is plausible/stringent with the general drop logic of andors trail. I remarked that this has been changed in 0.8.3 with the single diamond ring of the lava queen.

I didnt know what to think of the gold exploit by diamond rings in 0.8.1. On one side, if one gets to Sullengard region he must have some level and also some gold, I had about 140k at that time. One also has plenty of stuff to sell for gold once you are able to get to Sullengard. Or have collected more than 1000+ meat worth 25000 while trying to get the helmet of foresight. So it didnt feel like much ruining anything to have a easy gold "cheat", it just meant an end to poverty for good. Need to find something similar in real life, btw. The single drop lava queen is imho an elegant fix for that. Tought even after I finished all the new quests in 0.8.3, just to be on the safe side, I rolled back to 0.8.1 and farmed about 70 rings... to enjoy the once in a gamelife opportunity to feel rich. Might be handy some day too. And to wear an impressive diamond necklace.

The lava entities could drop gems anyways, diamonds, emeralds, saphires, rubys... would be great if these could be forged into rings (of power, haha) since there is a ringmaker or similar to ff7 materia, to be embedded in weapons to enhance them with extra features. Icy blue saphire in the blade freezes oponent. There is even a metalsmith.
Sullengard ravine is a beautiful design, if there was a way dow to find out more about the poor soul that fell there... And what will be the next thieves mission? Bit of a cliffhanger there. Also wonder how long Pangitain needs to meditate until his next vision may manifest? Maybe some special mushrooms could help with that.

That really worn off old tunic, could it be repaired by Kayla?

Be warned, that feygard payrol is still hunting for "illegal" bonemeal, I bet they keep it for themselfs.

Thank you all at the dev team for keeping up with this great project! Andors trail is art. Looking very much forward to the next update, I guess I will be visiting Stanwick in Brightport before seeing Nor City.
Osho

Post by Osho »

Sullengard has a problem of too many snakes beyond realistically possible. It'd be better if the next update reduces their numbers to some extent and from all types.

Also game world now has large agricultural fields available for some interesting ideas for quests or side jobs!