v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

(solved) Problem with Stoudford's old castle

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Usirim2
android_version: 12 - Android 12

(solved) Problem with Stoudford's old castle

Post by Usirim2 »

I guess since the last update in 0.7.x version I run every time and on every version into the problem that I can't finish the the undead purge, because the game says I have to kill all undead - iirc this happens with every game startet with this version (5 or more) and on every device (3)
But there were no further undeads to find.
The only way to finish the quest is using old games startet with older versions before adding Stoudford.
Last edited by Usirim2 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Problem with Stoudford's old castle

Post by Antison »

Hmm...are you sure that you have killed them all?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Usirim2

Post by Usirim2 »

Sure.
Guess, the flee through the opened gate
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Usirim2 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:05 pm Sure.
Guess, the flee through the opened gate
I don't think that you have killed them all.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by charnameLol »

Usirim2 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:43 am I guess since the last update in 0.7.x version I run every time and on every version into the problem that I can't finish the the undead purge, because the game says I have to kill all undead - iirc this happens with every game startet with this version (5 or more) and on every device (3)
But there were no further undeads to find.
The only way to finish the quest is using old games startet with older versions before adding Stoudford.
Those skeletons blend in with the background, and they don't often move that much, so it is easy to miss them. Check every corner of every building; every basement and so. Except the skeletons in that music band, find each one, and finish them off. I had this problem where I missed one. I found him in this map:
I completed the quest in some 0.7.x update too so I can tell that it can be finished.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

There is one basement where the entrance is not easy to see.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Usirim2

Post by Usirim2 »

I had this problem where I missed one. I found him in this map:
(...)
I completed the quest in some 0.7.x update too so I can tell that it can be finished.
[/quote]

never said it is impossible, just wrote that I run into problems too many times.
It may be a kind of insulting but should that be the way andor's trail is moving?
In my opinion it is always a walk on the edge if players may end up (too) frustrated. For a developer it's funny to change the way through some dungeons - but is this a clever way for players who don't give a cent for solving riddles - on up to 5 devices and over 10+ versions/installations?* (for the final version this may be a wonderfull feature after all - adding to the game play when starting again - shold the bwm guide adress the fact that the way is changing over time - one reason why only he was able to went this long way from the bwm settling?).
Or is it usefull to blend must-kill-targets which won't give a hint with the background? Maybe the devs may think about some solutions for those problems (like "A guard reported movement in the east part of the castle. You should look for two more skeletons near ..." - and make them move more often?

*: I am updating older smartphones with AOSP when the manufactor stops updating the devices - makes more test environments to count for AT.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

The route to BWM does not change over time. There are several possibilities, but once you have done it then it is fixed.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
18 David 88
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by 18 David 88 »

I had this problem to go look in the first tower the one right before you go into the castle area
Usirim2

Re: (solved) Problem with Stoudford's old castle

Post by Usirim2 »

Finaly, I found the missing skeleton - as 18 David 88 reported. Thank you, you saved my day.
Would had never ever checked this place. The curse of playing for years... but was wondering, if this guard in the room was responsiible for the skeleton invasion, as long as he must have been in this room... lol