v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Usable items that affects others

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Usable items that affects others

Post by Soullessktty »

So far all usable items are potions and food which affects self when consumed. Can we have usable items that cause mayhem to others, such as acid bombs or grenades, or flash bomb that stunt the opponent for several turn? It's an idea for grenadier type of hero ;)
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Usable items that affects others

Post by Nut »

I don't think it is possible for Andors's Trail. We can't have ranged weapons, and a bomb is no weapon for direct contact combat
Nut
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Soullessktty »

I am not suggesting ranged weapon, but something you use during combat. A flask of strong acid, you splash it on your oppenent in combat, he'll have actor condition or hp lost. Or you break a beaker of smoke, causes pain in opponet's eye, or so on. This all during combat. And those are just examples to consider.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I don't believe that the game engine supports applying items on an NPC.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
u2girl1966
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by u2girl1966 »

Soullessktty wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:36 pm I am not suggesting ranged weapon, but something you use during combat. A flask of strong acid, you splash it on your oppenent in combat, he'll have actor condition or hp lost. Or you break a beaker of smoke, causes pain in opponet's eye, or so on. This all during combat. And those are just examples to consider.
There are various weapons that have negative affects on monsters that you are fighting. Some are nastier than others. You just have to find them.
"Shout into the darkness, squeeze out sparks of light" - U2
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Antison wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:39 pm I don't believe that the game engine supports applying items on an NPC.
In theory it could be created as a new weapon class, except for one big problem. We have no way with the current engine to take it away if you use it in combat.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1