v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Playing Feygard fanboy

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Playing Feygard fanboy

Post by Soullessktty »

So one of my hero is a justice-seeker anti-Shadow Feygard-fanboy. At least he is trying to be. This means he refuses to do any quests that involves the thief guild, which many tasks will be against his conscience, as well as any shadow-related quests because he religiously believes not in the Shadow. Unless, of course, when it is required to further the story quest, such as Key of Luthor, which forced him to dabble with thief guild in order to gain the information about Andor.

However, because of this decision, I find that he is unable to complete many quests as follow.

Disallowed substance. Lord Geomyr has said bonemeal is illegal. So, no way my hero will find the information how to get bonemeal.

Kaori's errands. Again, bonemeal is illegal. Since my hero don't have access to it (and will not willingly to touch any bonemeal), no bonemeal for Kaori.

Spies in the foam. Telling Feygard to go away or remove him from his post? Never! He is doing his duty and enforcing the law.

Trusting the outsider. Since no bonemeal for Kaori, and Feygard guard still guarding his post in the foam, Jolnor will not tell Vilegardians to trust my hero.

Thief apprentice, Immaculate kidnapping, The ruthless Crackshot, Another ruthless Crackshot. These quests are off limit. My hero will not want to be involved with shady non-law-abiding guild.

A creeping fear. I cannot finish this quest since the armorer in Vilegard will not trust my hero.

Beer Bootlegging. Even though this quest is for the glory of Feygard, again, my hero cannot move forward with this quest because the tavern owner in Vilegard does not trust my hero enough to give the information needed. Probably as well the thief guild.

So, it looks like it is impossible to finish a lot of quest if you are a Feygard fanboi :lol: :lol: However, if you are an opportunistic rogue or Shadow-ally, you can finish all the quests.
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Playing Feygard fanboy

Post by charnameLol »

There's one more. That character Burhczyd7e, you would find him in Remgard at some point in time. His actions there demands from a Feygard fanboi to report him immediately, and that swift action must be taken against him by Feygard authorities.

An option to report this character is also not available, I think.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Most of these are early quests (in the dev timeline, that is). We do not want to go back and change early quests, for fear of breaking something. So I understand your point, but we will not change them.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

I have often thought that when the game is complete, or at least complete enough to have endgame options based on faction scores (at 1.0?) that any faction choice would have a list of quests that you should not do, so that selection of quests would be an important part of the role playing, instead of just "do everything possible no matter what" that most players opt for. I don't know of the current dev team had the same vision. If so, this is a good reminder that the available quests, particularly in the early game, are currently slanted towards Shadow and Guild.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Soullessktty »

I think the for Beer Bootlegging quest, Vilegard's tavern owner should be able to provide info for a very expensive price when Jolnor does not yet trust us. This way, Feybard fanboi still can go ahead with the quest.
GoofusInsanius
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by GoofusInsanius »

Yeah, i've run into the same issue with my pro-Feygard-girl character. It's pretty hard keeping her alive, she's devouring meat like a true barbarian.
Can't finish the same quests you've mentioned.
Hodor, lvl28
JoF, Vil arm, Fpride, RoLS
BB passport OS10

Goof, Lvl:48
skills: WA:1 HH:1 CS:2 CL:1 IF:3 RG:1 DP:1 LAP:1 W&S: 1
Gear: DP, Serpent HB, Mtaint, Rshield, ROTP, EnhCombBoots, Arulir gl, PROB, DotsP.
BlackBerry Q5, OS10
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

GoofusInsanius wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:42 pm Can't finish the same quests you've mentioned.
It's designed for players at level 40ish +
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
GoofusInsanius
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by GoofusInsanius »

She's up to the challenge, but wont be using/buying bonemeal. That's what's stopping her from completing the quests.
Hodor, lvl28
JoF, Vil arm, Fpride, RoLS
BB passport OS10

Goof, Lvl:48
skills: WA:1 HH:1 CS:2 CL:1 IF:3 RG:1 DP:1 LAP:1 W&S: 1
Gear: DP, Serpent HB, Mtaint, Rshield, ROTP, EnhCombBoots, Arulir gl, PROB, DotsP.
BlackBerry Q5, OS10