I need help for a quest (roses)

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: I need help for a quest (roses)

Post by Nut »

Don't give up already. Try everything ( there are not many choices after all)
Nut
gbro
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by gbro »

I ran into this thread and I noticed two people thinking that you need to complete "Rare delicacies" to obtain the item useful for Roses; well it's not so, you'll be given the item ("Old man's ring of bone") in the first part of the quest, that requires only normal, common, cheese, bread and wine.

By the way, I'm not sure that the ring works perfectly: at first when I ran into the skeletons I wasn't wearing it, so understandably it didn't have any effect, the skeletons attacked me normally.
But when I did wear it they didn't stop immediately, only after a while (I don't remember, maybe it was after I had already reached the other part of the corridor once).
Then they finally noticed it; after a while though I took it off and they still kept saying that I had it, without attacking me ever again 🤷‍♂️ .

mainmap wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:45 am So there's a loner dude on top of a mountain who can give you an item to help (but is not necessary) with this quest. But to complete the moutain hermit guy's quest (I think it was called "Rare Delicacy") you need to finish an even harder one! The cheese can't be purchased until solving Charwood. This state of affairs makes no sense.
Nut

Post by Nut »

You have observed right -
the existence of the ring is checked only at the entrance of the dark passage
Nut
gbro

Post by gbro »

Nut wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:27 am You have observed right -
the existence of the ring is checked only at the entrance of the dark passage
Oh ok thanks!
Nut

Post by Nut »

When I had created the quest it wasn't yet possible with the engine to switch a monster from aggressive to talking and back, depending if you wear the ring or not.
So at the entrance it is decided which type of skeletons should spawn.
It's not totally right, but not really a problem. After many years you seem to be the first player who noticed it...
Nut
gbro

Post by gbro »

Ah ok!! Yes I wanted to see what happened without the ring, but after a while I got bored, not knowing how long the corridor was

Yes I don't think it's a big problem