comparable games??

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: comparable games??

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Grim Reaper wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:59 pm There is also Exiled Kingdoms, you will love this one... it is similar to AT in many aspects but battles are active. Downloading it is free, but once you reach first town or something like that you will need to pay.. i believe its still a work in progress, but u will not need to buy anything else after one payment, you will get every new following update.
Isn't that more Zelda like though
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Grim Reaper
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Grim Reaper »

It is, but it is great.
  • [RoL] Rapier of lifesteal (X2)
  • [RoLS] Ring of lesser Shadow
  • [RoFLS] Ring of far lesser Shadow
  • [HoF] Helm of Foreseeing
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • [BoG] Boots of the Globetrotter
  • Troublemaker's gloves
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Grim Reaper wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:23 pm It is, but it is great.
I tried it for a little while. I think I even used my free play store credits to buy it. Been a while
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Lord Floor Mat

Post by Lord Floor Mat »

Couldn't find anything comparable to AT on Android.

There was a good game called Pixelance buy its developer left it incomplete. What a pity.

Except for AT and Pixelance there are few good games.

If you want good games of other genre then for platformers I recommend Swordigo, Grimvalor and Magic Rampage. Guardian Tales is pretty good as well.

Other good games according to me are Vampire's Fall, Evil Lands, Soul Knight and Hero Tale.

So they are :—

1. Pixelance(Incomplete)
2. Swordigo
3. Grimvalor
4. Magic Rampage
5. Guardian Tales
6. Vampire's Fall
7. Evil Lands
8. Soul Knight
9. Hero Tale

Some people call my taste quite shitty cuz I play AT and such games but I believe these games above are worth playing. They are unique compared to other games one-of-a-kind unique.

Try them and tell me.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Nothing comparable to AT if you exclude games with good graphics and rpg elements but none come free plus microtransactions nor battery efficient.

Monomyth developer is the only good option https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev? ... 5133074819 but be warned games become too repetitive midway and has leveling up restrictions which goes against freedom to build at ones own pace.

Shattered pixel is another excellent rogue style game.
eleonoratrudeau
android_version: 4.0

Post by eleonoratrudeau »

I am a gamer. I really like the games apk gratis to experience. Waiting for more responses from everyone
Last edited by eleonoratrudeau on Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

I haven't read all 8 pages of posts. so apols if this is a dup, but may I suggest going back to where it all started? Install a z-machine interpreter, and then you can play classic text adventures like Zork, Enchanter, Hitchhiker's Guide, etc. You just need a pencil, eraser, and graph paper to draw your map. :)

Unfortunately, JFrotz doesn't work any more with modern Android versions, but there must be another FOSS Android z-machine interpreter out there somewhere.
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

There are likely also Android versions of Rogue and Nethack, the next generation of RPGs after the Infocom text adventures.