What makes a game's story really great!

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
RyanSnyder
android_version: 11 - Android 11

What makes a game's story really great!

Post by RyanSnyder »

Oh, hey there! I'm kind of new to the gaming scene, and I was wondering, how do you feel about the storyline and quest design in games? Are there any quests or story arcs that you think are like, super awesome and stand out? I'm just trying to figure out what makes a game's story really great!
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: What makes a game's story really great!

Post by Nut »

I really love the little details, that make the game seem alive.
Like a dialogue with a seeress woman:
She suddenly told me of my deeds that I had done in other parts of the world.
How could she know! :shock: I was actually surprised and a bit scared for a second - before I remembered that the game knows it all of course :lol:
Nut
Nimrodian84
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by Nimrodian84 »

To me, what makes a game's story truly great is when it's full of unexpected surprises and intricate details that make the game world feel alive. For example, encountering a character who seems to know about your past deeds in the game, creating a sense of immersion and intrigue. It's these little moments that elevate the storytelling experience and keep players like me engaged.
:)
tactical371
android_version: 2.0

Post by tactical371 »

I like the story in Fire Emblem: 3 Houses, particularly the black eagles route. This is because you are able to make choices that significantly alter the story. The characters, dialogue, and gameplay are amazing too. and it explores very interesting themes. Just do not confuse that game with Fire Emblem Engage, which has a horrible story, or Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes, which is a different game.
Canuck
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by Canuck »

I think it's important that NPCs and monsters seem to be living their own stories and pursuing their own goals, rather than just standing around waiting to be part of the player's story. You need to feel like you're just one small part of a much-bigger world
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

That's a good point
Nut
tactical371
android_version: 2.0

Post by tactical371 »

Canuck wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:22 am I think it's important that NPCs and monsters seem to be living their own stories and pursuing their own goals, rather than just standing around waiting to be part of the player's story. You need to feel like you're just one small part of a much-bigger world
agreed