No Way Back. Black Water Mountaun Inn

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Re: No Way Back. Black Water Mountaun Inn

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

Maybe next update we can add the ability to choose your bed at home or the last bed you slept in and finally put this recurring thread to, ummm, bed?
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Piggy the Slayer wrote:Was only jesting tek. Personally I'm for leaving foolhardy characters to die on the mountain. If the going gets too tough they can always fall back on the save they made before their climb. If they did not save... a lesson learned?
+100
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

i've play a lot of pretty good RPG's that could have been great,
but they had one draw back... far too easy.

i crave the challenge that games like this can offer,
and while winning is great - what of an empty victory?

i have smiled upon dying in a recent next-gen RPG...
thinking ''finally, a rough one''

cheers to good (challenging) games!
[i died again :lol: ]
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
openthegait
android_version: 2.2

Post by openthegait »

I agree that that there is no need for a warning about the mountain. I love the challenge and headed up at level 10. It was really tough going but with bonemeal, a freezerful of meat, and saving every step of the way I was able to make it to prim. Totally disappointed about walking past tons of sleeping places but not getting any rest, but I forged ahead, needing only 30% more exp till level 12. I made it quite a ways up past prim before allowing myself to fall unconcious and be magically whisked away home. I immediately farmed for meat and went straight back up to finish the dagger quest and also gain use of the hotel room. Probably won't go round that neck of the woods again for a good while, but it was worth the view from the (near) top!
Level 18, 108099 exp, 1611 gold
Small Rocks: 9 Legendary equipment: TBA
MaxAP 11, MaxHP 64, AP 5, AC 148%, AD 15-23, CC 17% x 2.0, BC 51%, DR 1
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I also agree that a warning isn't needed. But then again, I had been grinding in the Gargoyle caves for the RoLS so by the time the new maps were there I had leveled up a bit, the fatigue still hurt a lot though.

And I agree that some people ask for help way too soon instead of trying to figure things out for themselves, but I supposed that's part of what these boards are for. So I'll help if I can, but I've never actually asked for help with a quest myself because I like the challenge of trying to figure out what to do or where to go, and I like this board more for comparing notes or talking ideas/strategies/equipment.

I plan to go back to the caverns where those Wyrm trainers are at some point though so I can try to get the ElyR, which hopefully can happen now that I've got 10 magic finder skills.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Mino wrote:I also agree that a warning isn't needed. But then again, I had been grinding in the Gargoyle caves for the RoLS so by the time the new maps were there I had leveled up a bit, the fatigue still hurt a lot though.

And I agree that some people ask for help way too soon instead of trying to figure things out for themselves, but I supposed that's part of what these boards are for. So I'll help if I can, but I've never actually asked for help with a quest myself because I like the challenge of trying to figure out what to do or where to go, and I like this board more for comparing notes or talking ideas/strategies/equipment.

I plan to go back to the caverns where those Wyrm trainers are at some point though so I can try to get the ElyR, which hopefully can happen now that I've got 10 magic finder skills.
+1 good post and attitude. I like this guy.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
SinthiaV

Post by SinthiaV »

After reading some of the posts here I took a stab at it and made it half way to blackwater settlement with a few potions left before being accidentally killed and sent back down. I did a lot of running and dodging, but it is possible if you plan ahead. I find skill at playing this type of game goes a long way. I found the gargoyle cave more difficult than climbing the mountain, and don't even get me started on those northern bridges! I am really glad I didn't read that I was too low level to try, or I might have listened! Don't be discouraged, just keep slaying. I think I am going to go pound some more rocks. Maybe a legendary item will put a dent in that bleeping river troll. Happy gaming :twisted:
Lvl:29 Exp:426388
Hp:98 Ac:154%
Ad:14-19 Cr:26%x2
Bc:50% Ap:11
Quick learner:1
Increased fortitude:1
Regeneration:1
Failure mastery:1
Combat speed:1
Magic finder:2
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

SinthiaV wrote:After reading some of the posts here I took a stab at it and made it half way to blackwater settlement with a few potions left before being accidentally killed and sent back down. I did a lot of running and dodging, but it is possible if you plan ahead. I find skill at playing this type of game goes a long way. I found the gargoyle cave more difficult than climbing the mountain, and don't even get me started on those northern bridges! I am really glad I didn't read that I was too low level to try, or I might have listened! Don't be discouraged, just keep slaying. I think I am going to go pound some more rocks. Maybe a legendary item will put a dent in that bleeping river troll. Happy gaming :twisted:
my kinda adventurer! :twisted:

welcome to the forum!!! :mrgreen:
and, well said!

[great first post! +1]
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
test1

Post by test1 »

nyktos wrote:
SinthiaV wrote:After reading some of the posts here I took a stab at it and made it half way to blackwater settlement with a few potions left before being accidentally killed and sent back down. I did a lot of running and dodging, but it is possible if you plan ahead. I find skill at playing this type of game goes a long way. I found the gargoyle cave more difficult than climbing the mountain, and don't even get me started on those northern bridges! I am really glad I didn't read that I was too low level to try, or I might have listened! Don't be discouraged, just keep slaying. I think I am going to go pound some more rocks. Maybe a legendary item will put a dent in that bleeping river troll. Happy gaming :twisted:
my kinda adventurer! :twisted:

welcome to the forum!!! :mrgreen:
and, well said!

[great first post! +1]

Part of this game is to develop a strategy and see how far it takes you. If it does not work on the first try and one gets stuck, simply start the game over. Guess why my character is named “test1”! :oops:
I played too many RPG’s to expect a first run success, it just so happened that this one worked out…….. so far. (Now I jinxed it)
Whenever I got stuck and could not see beyond that snake in front of my little fellow, I came to this forum and always found valuable advice.

SinthiaV, my hat off to you! Great game play attitude!
LVL: 91
XP: 13,866,284
HP: 98
AC: 268%
AD: 34-41
AP: 4
CC: 36%
CM: 3.0
BC: 172%
DR: 4
RoLS: 2
ElyR: 1
RoL: 0
ChaR: 2
GoLF: 1
ShaF: 1
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Heh, I'm exactly the kind of person who would inadvertently wander up the mountain without having a clue as to what I'd gotten myself into and likewise would hop in bed as soon as I could without realizing that the last place you sleep is where you teleport to when you die. Lo and behold, my savior, the forums :lol:

I would also be that person to hop in here as soon as I started having trouble to find out what I was doing wrong. For some reason, I'm generally terrible at RPGs and yet I still love them and enjoy playing them. The worst part for me is when I get stuck and can't figure out why I'm not getting anywhere so a sign at the bottom of the mountain warning me of the dangers is EXACTLY what I would need were it not for the helpful people on this forum. Say what you will about making the game "easier" but it changes nothing for those interested in a challenge and merely prevents people like me from making mistakes that we wouldn't have made had we known how dangerous that area was. This is especially true in a game like AT where you can't tell how powerful a monster you are about to attack is until after you begin attacking. Makes me avoid anything I don't know about and only gingerly approach something that is unfamiliar to me.

I'm not advocating a sign or other kind of warning but I will say that if you don't include some kind of warning in game then expect these kinds of questions on the forums and please don't respond harshly as that just drives people away. In case you couldn't tell from my other posts, I'm the kind of person that asks a lot of questions rather than jumping blindly into the unknown and getting jumped on for asking a simple question with a simple answer would be as bad as slamming the door in my face. Some people would read that as "take a hint and walk away" and would do just that.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013