POLL: Which gloves do you prefer?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

Which gloves do you prefer? Please select 1 of the first 3 and 1 on the last 2.

Gloves of Life Force (GoLF)
2%
Troublemaker's gloves (TG)
53%
Guard's Gloves (GG)
3%
GoLF Not "extraordinary" enough when compared to GG & TG
33%
GoLF is "extraordinary" enough
9%

Total votes: 99

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Which gloves do you prefer?

Post by Antison »

Mino wrote:
tek wrote:So the "GoLF is not extraordinary enough" is ahead of the "GoLF is extraordinary enough" by a 2:1 ratio, yet only one person out of 30 prefers the GoLF. That is telling me that not to many people have one or else they would be using it. 13 people voted it was extraordinary enough, yet only one person prefers it. Why is that?
As one of the people who voted it was "extraordinary enough" but isn't using it, my main reason is I don't have one (yet). But since I favor a higher AC over a higher BC, I'm not sure I would switch out my Fine gloves of swift attack for it.

I think its extraordinary enough for someone trying to really build up their HP. But I don't think any of the L & E items are unconditionally better than weapons/items available from boss drops or shops.

Even the RoLS which seems to be considered the best, now offers less cc boost than the Polished ring of backstabbing. But that's how it should be, I don't think the best possible items should be ones you only have a 1/10000 chance in getting.
IMO, The "extraordinary" items should be a lot "better" than anything that can be bought, and the "legendary" items should be "better" than the "extraordinary" items and the items that can be bought.

What defines "better", I am not sure. All I know is that because the GoLF is an "extraordinary" item, it should at the very least have higher BC%, and max HP boost than any other gloves short of "legendary" gloves. Some people might argue that it should have the highest AC% too, maybe it should, but I think a gloves main purpose is to provide defense.
Just off the top of my head, maybe the GoLF should have the following stats:
Boost max HP: 9
Attack chance: 7% (bumped up 2% to match TG)
Block chance: 7% (bumped up 4% to exceed the GG)
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

tek wrote:IMO, The "extraordinary" items should be a lot "better" than anything that can be bought, and the "legendary" items should be "better" than the "extraordinary" items and the items that can be bought.
I feel the same way about boss drops, that they should be better than any items sold in stores, but imo only the weapons have been pretty good (Flagstone's pride, Dagger of the Shadow Priest, Venomous Dagger, Shadow of the Slayer), and some still prefer the quickstrike dagger or the iron sword, both store bought.

The other 2 were armor and were not worth the loss of AP (Stone Cuirass) or the loss of AC (Wolfpack animal hide).

As for the L & E items, I think what makes them extraordinary or legendary should be the extra attributes (bless, regeneration, regain HP on hit, etc.). So maybe that's what the GoLF are missing, they could restore HP on hit, or just on kill, but something that the other gloves don't do.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Mino wrote: As for the L & E items, I think what makes them extraordinary or legendary should be the extra attributes (bless, regeneration, regain HP on hit, etc.). So maybe that's what the GoLF are missing, they could restore HP on hit, or just on kill, but something that the other gloves don't do.
I completely agree.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

tek wrote:
IMO, The "extraordinary" items should be a lot "better" than anything that can be bought, and the "legendary" items should be "better" than the "extraordinary" items and the items that can be bought.
Holy Poocicle, Tek and I agree on a second thing. Never saw that coming based on how he spoke of certain items previously.
tek wrote: What defines "better", I am not sure. All I know is that because the GoLF is an "extraordinary" item, it should at the very least have higher BC%, and max HP boost than any other gloves short of "legendary" gloves. Some people might argue that it should have the highest AC% too, maybe it should, but I think a gloves main purpose is to provide defense.
Just off the top of my head, maybe the GoLF should have the following stats:
Boost max HP: 9
Attack chance: 7% (bumped up 2% to match TG)
Block chance: 7% (bumped up 4% to exceed the GG)
I don't know what I would say is required of an item specifically. All I'll agree to is that it should be the number one choice by a vast majority of players who have it, unless it is number 2 behind another L or E item. For me, in the case of the Gloves, it would either need SICK stats, or at least have the same stats as the #1 preferred gloves (TMG) plus something extra. (This is another reason why I'm not totally thrilled with the RoLS; it doesn't match the CC of the PRoB.)
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Stoodge
android_version: 4.0

Post by Stoodge »

Mino wrote:
tek wrote:IMO, The "extraordinary" items should be a lot "better" than anything that can be bought, and the "legendary" items should be "better" than the "extraordinary" items and the items that can be bought.
I feel the same way about boss drops, that they should be better than any items sold in stores, but imo only the weapons have been pretty good (Flagstone's pride, Dagger of the Shadow Priest, Venomous Dagger, Shadow of the Slayer), and some still prefer the quickstrike dagger or the iron sword, both store bought.

The other 2 were armor and were not worth the loss of AP (Stone Cuirass) or the loss of AC (Wolfpack animal hide).

As for the L & E items, I think what makes them extraordinary or legendary should be the extra attributes (bless, regeneration, regain HP on hit, etc.). So maybe that's what the GoLF are missing, they could restore HP on hit, or just on kill, but something that the other gloves don't do.
totally agree.
But keeping in mind that these "boss drops" are from only the beginning (or first few levels/dungeons) of the game. as new areas are opened up the items should increase in awesomeness, as is the standard i have found in most RPG's that i have played.

IMO L,E and Boss items could do with needing a requirement to use, ie must be level 20 to use this item, AC must be XX% to use this weapon etc...

Perhaps the GoLF could have a "+5 HP on kill, when unarmed" as they would be directly draining the life force from the victim?

Code: Select all

Lvl: 60, XP: 3681789, Gold: 280362, RoLS: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1
HP: 137, AC: 237% , AD: 36-47, AP: 3, CHS: 23, ECC: 16%, CM: 2.0, BC: 91%, DR: 2 
WA, HH, Dg, BS, CS(2), IF(2), Rg(2), MF(2), SM, EB, DBS
R.I.P. my original character : Stoodge
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I've gone back to a critical hit build for my character so I switched back from Fine gloves of swift attack back to Troublemaker's gloves.

Thinking about the GoLF, maybe to make it more extraordinary and still emphasize the "life force", how about if it provides extra resistance to the character conditions (maybe 10-20% resistance to each kind). That's something none of the other gloves can offer and might entice more people to actually equip them (if they get one). But its not something you can't live without should you choose not to try and get all the L & E items.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

Mino wrote:I've gone back to a critical hit build for my character so I switched back from Fine gloves of swift attack back to Troublemaker's gloves.

Thinking about the GoLF, maybe to make it more extraordinary and still emphasize the "life force", how about if it provides extra resistance to the character conditions (maybe 10-20% resistance to each kind). That's something none of the other gloves can offer and might entice more people to actually equip them (if they get one). But its not something you can't live without should you choose not to try and get all the L & E items.
That is an excellent idea. That would definitely make it a tough decision at least. (But considering I have 6 SP in MC, and 0 in any of the protections, I guess I know which route I'd go...)
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Bornain

Post by Bornain »

I like it too. May even get me to start looking for them. +1
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: POLL: Which gloves do you prefer?

Post by nyktos »

that gets my +1

indeed....
those gloves need to be nice!!!

they need to be rewarding,
we are grinding for em - intended or not
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Mino wrote:I've gone back to a critical hit build for my character so I switched back from Fine gloves of swift attack back to Troublemaker's gloves.

Great idea! I would love to see this applied to the game. This would make them extraordinary enough that I would hunt for them
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------