Skills in V0.6.10

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: (TESTERS)Skills in V0.6.10

Post by Sarumar »

Sarumar wrote:Updated

Doubled crit chance (5) and crit damage (4), +2AP of cource, some corpce eater (1 because i like the idea :twisted: ) and fortitude (2 those x..%&@ just killed me :o ) rest - maby in next update (6.11)

Updated
With some level of Evasion I finally can rest in my home,
those (immobiliset) followers of iqhan give me some respekt and not bothered me anyway. Yessss I take some quick learner too :twisted:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
m1ltownjuggalo
android_version: 2.2

Post by m1ltownjuggalo »

is it possible to get the rols without upgrading magic finder cuz id rather use my skills elswhee
LEVEL: 25 HP: 41 EXP: 269646
AC: 189% AD: 13-21
CC: 14% CM: 2.0
BC: 70% DR: 1
RoLS: 0 ElyR: 0 RoL: 0
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

yes, very possible... just need some time, luck & grit.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

The Quick Learner skill is very significant in helping to offset the ever increasing amount of experience points necessary to advance to the next level the higher you climb. The More, and Better Criticals, are of equal significance (especially when using a particular dagger), up to a point, as they reduce the amount of time spent in combat, also allowing you to move on to the next level sooner. These would definitely be the three skills to focus on for gaining experience points and levels, primarily.

I initially had 31 skill points to spend, but in an effort to be fair to other players, have a balanced character, and establish the closest to average results while working on various pre 0.6.10 versions of Andor's Trail to help move it on out to Market, I really didn't apply my points as I would recommend another player to do to advance their own character. However, I have no regrets.

The Skills offered that really seem to offer the player the least advantage are: Weapon Accuracy, Hard Hit, Treasure Hunter, Cleave, Corpse Eater, Evasion, and Failure Mastery.

The Skills that really seem to offer the player the most advantage are (with the number of points I used for each behind the skill): Bark Skin (5), More Criticals (1), Better Criticals (1), Combat Speed (2), Quick Learner (4), Increased Fortitude (2), and Regeneration (2). Establishing a good balance of these Skills is a good foundation for building up your character on More & Better Criticals, and Quick Learner.

To help keep my character closer to being balanced, I distributed the remaining points (of which I recently gained 1 more) to: Merchant (1), Dodge (1), Magic Finder (7), Strong Mind (2), Enduring Body (2), and Pure Blood (2).

Until there's another release to work on, I'll be working on building up my character in the same place the rest of you probably are (or should be to do so), the Iqhan encampment.

When I first heard the suggestion about the implementation of a Skill system, I didn't really have a formed opinion, beyond what I recommended be considered. Now, I can definitely say I like it, as it gives the player the additional goal of working to obtain more points to spend between version releases.
One of even fewer...
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Ctnbeh13,

Thanks for announcing to the entire community how powerful the quick learner is. :evil:
I realized this when I first saw the skill list and was not going to say a word about it as the skills are the first real strategy that one can take to deveate from the others.
You have ruined this! !!!!!!
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

tek,

I'm not sure if your post is sarcastic humor, or what your goal is, but I don't believe you've done yourself any favors by confirming, and further enhancing the point that you claim was "your" secret strategy.

I thank you nonetheless as it should be clear to other forum members where we each stand in supporting the community that comprises this forum. So, your welcome. ;)

I guess you'll just have to play like everyone else, whenever you have time. If you keep at it, maybe you can be the first player to make it to level 200. :)
One of even fewer...
Antison

Post by Antison »

ctnbeh13 wrote:tek,

I'm not sure if your post is sarcastic humor, or what your goal is, but I don't believe you've done yourself any favors by confirming, and further enhancing the point that you claim was "your" secret strategy.

I thank you nonetheless as it should be clear to other forum members where we each stand in supporting the community that comprises this forum. So, your welcome. ;)

I guess you'll just have to play like everyone else, whenever you have time. If you keep at it, maybe you can be the first player to make it to level 200. :)
I was and I am completely serious!! You should have at the least wrapped you r comments in a spoiler.
I was not my secret strategy, but let the others figure it out themselves.
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Wish I'd invested some skill points in quick leaner earlier. Going to as soon as I reach level 92.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Piggy the Slayer wrote:Wish I'd invested some skill points in quick leaner earlier. Going to as soon as I reach level 92.
Ctnbeh,

You see what I mean? I am trying to catch Piggy, and now you have let him in on "the secret" as you put it.
Thanks a lot.
Gottkaiser

Post by Gottkaiser »

That's life tek :)
It's everyones' own decision wether he wants to keep his "secrets" secret or not, IMO you just have to live with it. This is a thread about how everyone is using his skill points and why, so there would have been no sense in putting the post of ctnbeh13 in spoilers because everyone who follows this thread wants to know exactly things like the ones he posted and would have read it anyways.
I do not want to start a discussion, just posting my point of view
Level: 48, XP: 1968951, Gold: 160450
HP: 80, AC: 240%, AD: 22-26, BC: 65%
AP: 3, CC: 48%, CM: 3.75, DR: 0
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0