Hunters Guild?

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Hunters Guild?

Post by Pyrizzle »

We could put the start of the quests for this in Crossglen, this could also really help guide players to areas to grind for whatever level they are at. It would give the players a reason to enter the caves/dungeons.

Once you finish one you get the next (they would only be in caves/dungeons where they are no quests)
1st: Snake Cave
2nd: Wolf Cave
3rd: Etc
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SuFiC8
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by SuFiC8 »

Exactly! My question is now though, would we be able to defeat the bosses w/o joing the guild, or would the (snake boss ect) just look at you with a menacing stare, like other quest bosses do (until you trigger the quest) ? Furthermore, how would this effect old files where we have already beat them?
^SuFiC8^
LvL-100 :evil:
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

how about - [kill them at any time]
but it is remembered...
and you get rewarded when you "join"?
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

How about, there would just be speech options for the boss? For example, the Pack Leader in the wolf cave could say something along the lines of:

"The Pack Leader begins to growl viciously in your direction as he eyes you down from a distance. Perhaps this is a battle for another day."

Edit: spellcheck.
Last edited by nether on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuFiC8

Post by SuFiC8 »

nether wrote:How about, there would just be speech options for the boss? For example, the Pack Leader in the wolf cave could say something along the lines off:

"The Pack Leader begins to growl viciously in your direction as he eyes you down from a distance. Perhaps this is a battle for another day."
I like that idea, and great dialogue :)
^SuFiC8^
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

I think it would be better if it was remembered instead so that way if you can kill them you can do it when you reach them, if there is one you are missing you couldn't continue the Guild quests but you could get the nice drop from killing the boss (Poison dagger, wold pack hide, etc)

Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

nether wrote:How about, there would just be speech options for the boss? For example, the Pack Leader in the wolf cave could say something along the lines off:

I like that idea. +1.
Hey guys, I'm back.
SuFiC8

Post by SuFiC8 »

Pyrizzle wrote:I think it would be better if it was remembered instead so that way if you can kill them you can do it when you reach them, if there is one you are missing you couldn't continue the Guild quests but you could get the nice drop from killing the boss (Poison dagger, wold pack hide, etc)
I think Im following you... Kill them with or without guild but only get a quest reward if you are a member? If I understand correctly ,that would solve any issues with old files where we have already defeated them...
^SuFiC8^
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

SuFiC8 wrote:I think Im following you... Kill them with or without guild but only get a quest reward if you are a member? If I understand correctly ,that would solve any issues with old files where we have already defeated them...
Close (i think), let me see if i can lay out a good example here:

I liked SuFiC8's start:
SuFiC8 wrote: Mara ,after hearing from Odair that you have cleaned up the old supply cave would be a nice way to introduce you to the Hunters Guild.. After thanking you, Mara informs you that Odair wanted to talk to you about some hunters guild... Once you talk to Odair, he gives you the task of seeking the snake master... an initiation to see if your what the guild is looking for... and thus it begins...
After you talk with Odair again and he sends you after the Snake Master you come back to him and then he would give you the next (Pack Leader) and so on down the list

Lets say for this example that in total there will be 5 NPCs total to kill for these quests (i'd say lets aim for 10 total)

1) Snake Master
2) Pack Leader
3) River Troll (the bridge)
4) Keknazar (Crossroads guardhouse basement)
5) ????? (Random monster hidden somewhere in the world)

After finishing the last quest you would return to Odair and he would give some sort of awesome reward for all your troubles (like maybe a skillpoint or two)

---------------------------------------------------------------If a player kills a target for this before they have finished the last one:

-Starts the quest, kills snake master, comes back and gets next quest; kill Pack Leader

1) Snake Master (first)
2) Pack Leader
3) River Troll
4) Keknazar
5) ?????

-So the player kills Pack leader, collects reward, and next quest to kill the Troll

1) Snake Master (first, collected)
2) Pack Leader (second, collected)
3) River Troll
4) Keknazar
5) ?????

Buuuuuut while wondering around you find Keknazar and slay him. What would happen?

3) River Troll
4) Keknazar (third, quest not started)
5) ?????

You continue on as normal, Find and kill the River Troll, go back and collect your next quest ( you have already killed him)

3) River Troll (killed forth, collected)
4) Keknazar (third, not collected)
5) ?????

Odis: Thank you so much for killing Pack leader, his wolves have been terrorizing so much land that even the flocks of sheep near crossglen sometimes seem to have one go missing. [You get a prize] Will you please (insert players name) now go and kill Keknazar the moster of the deep see has somehow managed to get into the basement of the Crossglen thru the underwater rivers where we fetch our water. Will you please go take care of him and come back to me when your done?

Options for response:
1) Odis, I have in fact already slayed this monster.
2) Ha! That puny thing, I sliced that thing in two with my blade!

Odis: Oh you killed Keknazar. Thank you so much... bla bla bla (some story about a monder somewhere that needs to be killed.)

Then quest continues on.

3) River Troll (killed forth, collected)
4) Keknazar (third, collected)
5) ?????

So this way you can still kill them in any order but you can't turn one in until the one before it has been finished.

:mrgreen:

Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

+1 for the exquisitely detailed explanation there Pyro!

Just a thought though...the Pack Leaders are mostly already tied into other quests if I am not mistaken. Having multiple quests tied onto 1 certain enemy might confuse things a bit. Not to mention this is a Hunters Guild, right...

Instead of just a short sample of enemy's from a list, why not make just about any enemy able to be used:

Odis: Stories of terror have come from around Crossglen of a vicious bee that has killed a child. Find the enemy and destroy him!

Then you go and kill the bee...but you don't know which one, you keep killing until you get a message:

Quest Completed!

Then travel back to Odis, collect your reward.

Odis would only be able to pull a list of enemy's from stuff that exists on the maps (currently living). If something has already been killed, he would move on to the next one, or you could just wait for it to spawn. That would keep the player from already have killed an enemy and moving onto the next one without a reward.

Maybe instead of a reward after every enemy has been killed, up the ante a bit...after 50 quest enemy's have been killed you get a skill point (lvl1 guild member)...then 100 enemy's some exp and a skill point (level2 guild member). I haven't thought out all the details on the rewards example, but should be able to follow along.