"Good" vs "Evil" skills

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: "Good" vs "Evil" skills

Post by nyktos »

tek wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote: Just because it would be picked by the majority doesn't make it morally right.

Very true! Look at how many NY Yankees fans there are. Morally right? No way. :lol: :D :lol:
After all, they are referred to as the Evil Empire

:lol: :lol: :lol:

...tek...

[epic]

8-)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Tulkas
android_version: 4.0

Post by Tulkas »

Perhaps the "good" skills can focus on positive status effects on your own character, and the "evil" skills can focus on bad status effects for your enemies? Examples:

Good: (focuses on more passive and positive effects on character)
Shadow regen
Advanced combat speed +2 AP
Arulir Strength: % chance to do double attack damage

Evil: (focuses on active negative combat effects on target enemy/enemies)
vampiric force: +x hit point drain on current target heals character/round (doesn't work while not in combat)
Aura of Darkness -x AC on current target only
Aura of Feebleness: -x AP on current target only

Etc, etc
Lvl: 196, XP: 13,700,094, Gold: 1,447,699, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 12, VSH: 6, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 1081, AC: 400, AD: 106-122, AP: 4, ECC: 39%, CM: 5.75, BC: 213%, DR: 4
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Tulkas wrote: vampiric force: +x hit point drain on current target heals character/round (doesn't work while not in combat)
I like this skill it is like a RoL without the RoL.

Prerequisite would be corpse eater, increased fortitude, and Pure Blood?

x could be skill level so at level 1

When hitting the target
Restores 1 HP

Level 2 would be 2 HP
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Tulkas

Post by Tulkas »

Fire7051 wrote:
Tulkas wrote: vampiric force: +x hit point drain on current target heals character/round (doesn't work while not in combat)

When hitting the target
Restores 1 HP

Level 2 would be 2 HP
Yea seems like good pre prerequisites to me! Of course some of these skills, the developerss would have to decide how expensive to make the prerequisites.
Lvl: 196, XP: 13,700,094, Gold: 1,447,699, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 12, VSH: 6, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Meirerion »

Fire7051 wrote:

When hitting the target
Restores 1 HP

Level 2 would be 2 HP

I like the idea too but it would render corpse eater totally useless. Maybe a 20/30/40% chance of healing 1/2/3 hp and for prerequisite increased fortitude 3 and regeneration 2.
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Meirerion wrote:
I like the idea too but it would render corpse eater totally useless. Maybe a 20/30/40% chance of healing 1/2/3 hp and for prerequisite increased fortitude 3 and regeneration 2.
It wouldn't render corpse eater useless it would only add to it. Corpse eater activates on Kill. This one would only activate on a hit.

You might be right maybe it should be built with a range of 0-1 for level one. 0-2 for level two and so on.

Maybe you could only take two ranks of this skill.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Tulkas

Post by Tulkas »

Fire7051 wrote:
Meirerion wrote:
It wouldn't render corpse eater useless it would only add to it. Corpse eater activates on Kill. This one would only activate on a hit.

You might be right maybe it should be built with a range of 0-1 for level one. 0-2 for level two and so on.

I agree developers have to make sure that it's balanced. The developers can best decide what is and isn't too powerful because they know what the game content will be.

And this skill idea is just a small part of the overall idea of good vs evil skills.
Xero
android_version: 2.2

Post by Xero »

You're right tulkas
If skills were made to compliment each chosen faction then each side would need to be balanced so that any particular choice isn't necessarily better than the other. Also, you would have to be careful not to allow skill combinations that singularly are good but in conjunction with other skills may unbalance or break the game. And to address the issue of too many skills: that seems like an easy fix. skill points can be awarded more often but each point may not be as useful. This also solves some balancing issues with some skills which provide little value. More useful skills can require more skill points while others may only require 1 (I'm talking to you hp + and damage +)
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Meirerion »

Fire7051 wrote:

You have the choice of: (let's say, hypothetical numbers)
C.E lvl 2 -> 2hp healed on kill
Vamp lvl 1 -> 1hp healed on hit.
The only way for C.E to heal you more is to one-shot the monster. Still, I think that you usually don't one-shot creeps (except grinding in a lower-level cave).

Of course it adds up but still corpse eater becomes quickly obsolete (at higher levels when you one-shot the whole world's monsters it might become more interesting but still, I think we should concentrate on mid-level, 20-40, monsters and quests).
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Tulkas

Post by Tulkas »

Good:
[NPC MONSTER] Bane: +% chance to dodge, +% damage against [MONSTER]

So if you hate spiders, you can choose spiders, or Arulirs, or snakes, whatever. Maybe the more advanced monster types would require prerequisites.

I think you should get two points here max. And monster prerequisites are paired together and balanced, otherwise everybody would just select the two toughest monsters. Pair an easier monster type like a wolf/dog with Spiders, and a snake with demons, etc.