RPGs we play

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: New Game+ ???

Post by Meirerion »

Thystonius wrote: One game I missed in the list is NetHack. It would be really interesting to take ideas from that Rogue RPG into AT.
Oh please, don't speak about that game. I played for hours on my android before I discovered AT. Now I cannot even listen to this game's name any more without having shivers. It's way to hard :lol:.

I can hardly see what you could take from NetHack apart of the randomized dungeons and funny wands.
(wand of suicide, love that one)
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Thystonius

Post by Thystonius »

Meirerion wrote:
Thystonius wrote: One game I missed in the list is NetHack. It would be really interesting to take ideas from that Rogue RPG into AT.
Oh please, don't speak about that game. I played for hours on my android before I discovered AT. Now I cannot even listen to this game's name any more without having shivers. It's way to hard :lol:.

I can hardly see what you could take from NetHack apart of the randomized dungeons and funny wands.
(wand of suicide, love that one)
The way armor (AC) is done, the way you can pray to your deity, the concept of teaching your pet how to fetch food and items, after which you can steal shops empty (shops having their items stalled out instead of a list), the wands and staves, classes, traps (portal, but also literal traps dropping single or multiple floors). And indeed, it is HARD which is fun.

AT is just grind to level 5 and buy some basics, grind to level12 and buy good rings and some other stuff, grind some more and soon you are invincible. Slay a lot, sleep a lot until you have some powerful equipment and some DR. Extremely repetitive. Nothing much strategy involved, because the game design is extremely basic.
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

The way armor (AC) is done, the way you can pray to your deity, the concept of teaching your pet how to fetch food and items, after which you can steal shops empty (shops having their items stalled out instead of a list), the wands and staves, classes, traps (portal, but also literal traps dropping single or multiple floors). And indeed, it is HARD which is fun.

AT is just grind to level 5 and buy some basics, grind to level12 and buy good rings and some other stuff, grind some more and soon you are invincible. Slay a lot, sleep a lot until you have some powerful equipment and some DR. Extremely repetitive. Nothing much strategy involved, because the game design is extremely basic.[/quote]

I used to love Nethack. It *is* a hard game,, and I never beat it. But it has plenty of replay value, and you have to stay on your toes, because death is final
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: RPGs we play

Post by Pyrizzle »

[split this into a new thread for the Fallhaven Tavern]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thystonius

Post by Thystonius »

Sigh, we did drift off a bit from the topic but you should not kill discussions like this... red line is replayability... now the essence is lost :-/
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

I have to agree with Thytonius on this one, Pyro .. This was all about features of other games that were being held up a models for future AT development, and thus should have remained in the other forum.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Thystonius wrote:Sigh, we did drift off a bit from the topic but you should not kill discussions like this... red line is replayability... now the essence is lost :-/
Tomcat wrote:I have to agree with Thytonius on this one, Pyro .. This was all about features of other games that were being held up a models for future AT development, and thus should have remained in the other forum.
All the posts removed were about other older games, mainly AAA titles, that AT has almost nothing in common with besides the very basics that most story driven RPG's have. You want to continue doing that you can do it in this thread.

You want to actually discuss the idea of new game+ and starting over on a harder difficulty with the same character there is still the other thread for that: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3407
Thystonius

Post by Thystonius »

sdevaney wrote:
Thystonius wrote:Sigh, we did drift off a bit from the topic but you should not kill discussions like this... red line is replayability... now the essence is lost :-/
Tomcat wrote:I have to agree with Thytonius on this one, Pyro .. This was all about features of other games that were being held up a models for future AT development, and thus should have remained in the other forum.
All the posts removed were about other older games, mainly AAA titles, that AT has almost nothing in common with besides the very basics that most story driven RPG's have. You want to continue doing that you can do it in this thread.

You want to actually discuss the idea of new game+ and starting over on a harder difficulty with the same character there is still the other thread for that: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3407
Whatever.
Trotsky
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Trotsky »

Ok, seriously confused at what happened to this tread :s but for the record, tibia's always been boss, lot of good features on there which would lend themselves very nicely to AT such as how the do proficiency skills independent of xp levels and or just generally how they categorize items, i miss playin that game, anyway yeah, thats it :)
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

Just got diablo 3, it is pretty good. Decent graphics, nice game flow (no lag, short load screens). Although I dislike the move system, I wish I could click my destination on the mini-map. Also the battle system is good but it is complicated until you get the hang of it. The level-up and skill system isn't to thorough though.

but still, I havn't got very far in and I'm impressed so far.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577