item categorization

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Re: item categorization

Post by PK17 »

Yes, +1. But I like being able to check my inventory really quickly while grinding, to get the most kpm (kills per minute)
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

PK17 wrote:Yes, +1. But I like being able to check my inventory really quickly while grinding, to get the most kpm (kills per minute)
So do you mean, all legendary and extraordinary items should be in a special category?

And what about having a code which sorts the inventory by the alphabet?
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
PK17

Post by PK17 »

I use the save/reload method a lot while grinding for the L/E's, Sometimes I'll accidently hit pick up all before I looked at the drop, so I have to go into the inventory to check if I got it. I don't want to have to open three different folders to check, the way it is now one big swipe gets me to the bottom.

Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Ok, so we'll implement a l/e folder for the eager grinders like you ;)
OR: What about making a message pop up over the whole screen whcich tells the player got an l/e item, so you jsut can't miss it.
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
PK17

Post by PK17 »

Ian wrote:Ok, so we'll implement a l/e folder for the eager grinders like you ;)
OR: What about making a message pop up over the whole screen whcich tells the player got an l/e item, so you jsut can't miss it.
I think that second one has already been turned down before :?

-------

But I would love it.

SlipEternal
android_version: 3.0

Post by SlipEternal »

Looking through my inventory list, I am noticing a lot of inconsistencies in how items are categorized. Some examples:

Superior hard leather armor
Category: Armor, leather

Superior chain mail
Category: Chain mail

Rusty heavy cuirass
Category: Armor (heavy)

Among these three armors, we have three different methods of categorizing them. One identifies it as armor, then more specifically as leather. The second doesn't identify it as armor at all, but just gives the specific armor type. The last uses parentheses rather than a comma to separate the specific category from the Armor category.

Having so many different representations of categories for items may make selection of item lists by category cumbersome (there are probably other representations of categories, but I only checked those three)
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

SlipEternal wrote:Looking through my inventory list, I am noticing a lot of inconsistencies in how items are categorized. Some examples:

Superior hard leather armor
Category: Armor, leather

Superior chain mail
Category: Chain mail

Rusty heavy cuirass
Category: Armor (heavy)

Among these three armors, we have three different methods of categorizing them. One identifies it as armor, then more specifically as leather. The second doesn't identify it as armor at all, but just gives the specific armor type. The last uses parentheses rather than a comma to separate the specific category from the Armor category.

Having so many different representations of categories for items may make selection of item lists by category cumbersome (there are probably other representations of categories, but I only checked those three)
hmm... one light and two heavy armour ;)
Those new profience skills are nice ones.. but some of the names of the item, etc are currently inconsistent... IMO so there are some of those (heavy), (light), etc clarifications....
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
SlipEternal
android_version: 3.0

Post by SlipEternal »

Sarumar wrote:hmm... one light and two heavy armour ;)
Those new profience skills are nice ones.. but some of the names of the item, etc are currently inconsistent... IMO so there are some of those (heavy), (light), etc clarifications....
Ah, it appears the devs already plan to implement more standard item categories.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

SlipEternal wrote:
Sarumar wrote:hmm... one light and two heavy armour ;)
Ah, it appears the devs already plan to implement more standard item categories.
...yes.. and much more ;)

good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I have been trying to make a list of all the armors that need to be categorized better.

Thank you for reporting these discrepancies. I think we should be able to find an easy fix for these.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------